Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

losing stomach weight...........

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM
  • 10 Replies

Ladies, I am trying to lose weight. I need to lose it around my waist/stomach area. My husband says I need to do sit ups. What do you say I need to do? I am seriously trying to lose this weight!!!!!!

by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swesolek6
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:43 AM
sorry momma but you can't spot reduce, I'm pretty sure though that I'd you do ab toning exercises and then cardio to burn fat, then your belly should improve.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of2_n_twins

eat right and drink plenty of water (divide your weight in 1/2 and thats how many ounces you should consume) You can't spot reduce fat and from what I have learned its the last thing to go on most people. Good luck.

twinsies041

Well I'm sure all of the ladies in the group will agree you can't spot lose. That means you can't only lose weight in your stomach. I would definitely recommend exercise but how about something like JIllian's 6 week 6 pack dvd. It's only about 30 minutes tops and I really liked it. also, do you count calories? A bunch of us use my fitness pal to track and I've lost all of my weight using that!! do you drink water? Take your weight and divide it by two you should be drinking about that much water :) Good luck!! 

(p.s. when I first started trying to lose weight I was only concerned with my stomach but I did all of this and 30lbs later it looks much better.)

sparklebug86
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:45 AM

There is no way to target specific areas. 

MrsTBailey
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Instead of situps do plank exercises and yoga roll ups work good for abs but like the others said you can't spot reduce. Go for walks as well maybe work up to jogging. Try some denise austin dvds or jillian michaels dvds! Or if you have youtube you can look them up for their fitness dvds to do for free :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep, no spot reducing unfortunately.  You'll find that cardio and clean eating will help with the midsection the best, but you still may notice it in other areas first.  Good luck!

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Stomach fat is made in the kitchen. Period. If you eat cleanly, incorporate cardio, strength and core work, it will slowly disappear. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

mes_deux_amours
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:51 AM
I hear you. My stomach area is a mess, but, I have weight to lose all over not just tummy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM

you can't crunch your way to a flat stomach.  you have to workout and get your cardio up to lose weight all over; not spot reduce.  

i had some love handles but after 5 months of eating healthy and exercising regularly, they're almost gone.

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

Merry38
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I hear ya!! That was me 3 months ago.. Workout your entire body will help melt your waist and stomach area away. After loosing 20 lbs and 30 inches, I lost 10 just in my waist.   I'm working on toning and strengthening now. Have lots more energy too for chasing my 4 kids around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN