Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Just what I needed

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM
  • 10 Replies

So -I've kinda been stuck at 224.5 since the 13th of April.  I was working out every day and eating within my BMR. Days I did Zumba I was eating like 2100 cal and the other days more like 1750 or 1800 (the LOW end of it)

The last week or so-I upped it by about 100 and on Zumba days by about 200 and guess what?

I FINALLY lost again!  I hit 223 this morning :)

I was starting to get pretty discouraged- but determined NOT to quit.  I know it's not a lot but I will SO take it!

WOO!

*off to Zumba again this morning :)

by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I love these kinds of updates...for years I thought eat less lose weight...it's refreshing to know you can eat and still lose. Food isn't the enemy(at least healthy food). It really shows that food is essential for weightloss:)

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Quoting km1970:

I love these kinds of updates...for years I thought eat less lose weight...it's refreshing to know you can eat and still lose. Food isn't the enemy(at least healthy food). It really shows that food is essential for weightloss:)

I know! It's crazy...I have jsut been at a loss for what was going on- so I thought I'd up it jsut a little and see for a week or two.   Trial and error right?  I was really happy this morning to see that *something worked...be it the higher calories OR the 4th day of Zumba I added last week!  Either way-I'll take it

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 8, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Woo hoo!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Threes.Company
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:13 PM

You've got to eat to lose! :)

asaffell
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I love when that happens - people act crazy when you tell them to eat a bit more but it works!

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Quoting asaffell:

I love when that happens - people act crazy when you tell them to eat a bit more but it works!

Well, it's a little tough to wrap your mind around-when all you hear all the time is eat less/ work out more!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 8, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Great job mama!  SO proud of you for sticking with it!

Ashmom614
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 6:32 PM

this is what my dr said to me today. That Im probably eating too much and not working out enough basically. I am starting to wonder if possibly I am not eating enough...Im counting my cals and hopefully I can see a loss bc I am STUCK at 200/199 and it sucks!!! I've been working out for almost a month now (4-5 days a week) and I am not getting anywhere....

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting asaffell:

Well, it's a little tough to wrap your mind around-when all you hear all the time is eat less/ work out more!

twinsies041
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Don't quit!!! Keep digging!!!!!

Hunnybadgerkins
by on May. 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM

awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN