Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
I've never really enjoyed any breakfast foods. I'm not an egg person at all. I can eat eggs occasionally, but not a lot. Every cereal I like is loaded with sugar so obviously I can't eat that lol. And I can't do pancakes or waffles. So with that said I always had problems with my breakfast.

I workout every morning. Before I go for my run, I usually eat an apple or banana, and when I get back an hour later I have a slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a cup of either watermelon or pineapple. It fills me up and I've heard that you need some kind of protein right after your workout.

Can any body tell me if that's an appropriate breakfast? Can anyone give me any other healthy breakfast options? Thanks ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Replies (11-17):
itsm3
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM

how about an english muffin with low fat cream cheese?  or fresh fruit with yogurt drizzled with some honey and lots of granola?

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

joeykttn
by on May. 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM

noone's mentioned oatmeal..that can be a great healthy breakfast too. But what you're doing sounds fine, imo. My breakfast is usually greek yogurt & a banana, or oatmeal & a banana.

mama2gg
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM
I eat three slices of precooked turkey bacon has tons of protein and can microwave for 45 seconds I make my smoothie in the mean time of fruit,low fat plain yogurt,almond milk

That together is about 250 cals tons of protein then I have a snack 2 hours later then lunch then snack then dinner then snack (im a snacker lol) and bed

I stay within 1600-1800 cals while doing 1 hour work outs daily
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 8, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Honestly I eat the same thing every morning for breakfast...peanut butter on whole wheat toast with fresh fruit and coffee.  I love breakfast!

Nykkii
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:03 PM

It sounds like a decent breakfast to me.  It's healthy.  It's not excessive.  I don't believe it's too small either.  Getting protein in after your workout is great. 

cinfulkarmah
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM

You can eat any type of food for breakfast.  Not just "breakfasty" foods.  It might open you to other options that you may enjoy.

randomosityblog
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I eat an apple and a hard boiled egg, or a protein shake or smoothie.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)