Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Sammi Sweetheart's 'Sexy' Fitness Line Sounds Too Hot for the Gym

Posted by Maressa Brown

sammi sweetheart mtv jersey SHoreWhile working on my fitness, the only interpretation I have of "looking hot" involves pouring sweat, having a complete case of "red face," and needing to put my window A/C unit on the "high" setting. Looking like a Swimsuit Illustrated cover model is pretty much my last priority -- incinerating calories and boosting metabolism is. I would bet pretty much most women feel similarly. But not the gals down on the Jersey Shore -- bless their fake-baked hearts. They want to look "sexy" while working out. Or at least Sammi Giancola aka Sammi Sweetheart does. She's coming out with her very own line of workout clothes called Sexy Sweetheart.

She describes the line as including the basics: "Sports bras, yoga pants, and jackets." Sounds promising, but at the same time ... the name of the brand should give any woman who is serious about fitness pause.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not refusing to acknowledge the built-in vanity that comes with exercising. It reminds me of what Jillian Michaels says while making me do this incredibly difficult "crab" move in one of her Body Revolution workouts. She says something along the lines of, "Sure, I want to see you live to 100, see your granddaughter graduate college, but I also want you to feel comfortable having sex with the lights on!" Hell yeah. Of course we work out in order to look sexy. But while working out? While we're actually sweating our tuchuses off at the gym, taking a spinning class, holding downward dog? Hell no.

All we really care about is being comfortable! I don't need rhinestones and flowers and hearts on my sports bra, a brand name plastered onto material clinging to (and drawing attention to) my behind, or a low-cut workout bra. Most of us just want the garments we throw on to work out to fit well.

Sure, it doesn't hurt to try to look "cute." No one wants to look like a total slob, especially if you're exercising in public. Plus, I realize some people actually go to the gym to focus on things other than their workouts (like the cute guy at the juice bar or the ripped Pilates instructor?). But ultimately, what we want in workout wear is form over function. Hopefully, Sammi's applied that concept to her new line. Will be interesting to see how it turns out!

Do you try to look sexy while working out or is that the last thing on your mind?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Replies (11-19):
twinsies041
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I don't really dress up to work out but I do buy new clothes for the gym. I'm picky about what a work out in.  For example if a shirt is TOO big I can't stand it. If my shorts are too short. Can't stand it. Too tight on my waist. Can't stand it. I'm just picky for some reason lol

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Yep, totally agree!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Running and rhinestones don't go well together.. LOL 

I am in it to be fit- not look good while doing it. 

AriMommy
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:11 PM

exactly!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Running and rhinestones don't go well together.. LOL 

I am in it to be fit- not look good while doing it. 

Hunnybadgerkins
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

lol I do my make up for every race!

Threes.Company
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  I do not try to look sexy at the gym.  I am there for one purpose... to sweat.  And gym sweat and sexy just do not go together.  I do try to look put together... unlike my husband who will wear worn out sweat pants from 10 years ago and an old t-shirt with holes in it...  I wear cute, colorful women's sports bra top things with yoga-style pants, capris or shorts.  I don't want to look dirty and disgusting.  I want to be comfortable.  I want everything contained and controlled while I am running or whatever.  But yeah... looking "sexy"... definitely not my thing.  I don't even wear make up to the gym.  Many times I even have a hat on to keep my hair out of my face.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

lol I do my make up for every race!

I put some makeup on before I go to Zumba too ;)

taniamorse85
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I don't really care about 'style,' regardless of whether I'm working out or just going about my day.   Function is far more important.

reneawesley
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM
This. If I wear baggy clothes I don't put forth the same effort.

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

i need both the better i look, the better i feel, the better i preform

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCakebread
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I would say I go for 90 percent function and 10 percent looking cute. I do a lot of group fittness classes and my instructor at one point asked me when I was going to stop wearing my husband old t-shirts and buy some clothes that fit.

I don't spend a lot on my workout clothes, but I do at least try and get something that fits, is comfortable, and if possible cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN