Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Well...I did it...I broke down and did it!!!!

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:07 PM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: What's your favorite workout?

Options:

P90X

Insanity

Zumba

Something else

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 43

View Results

After trying to figure out what I wanted to do, and after watching what seems like a gazillin infomercials, I decided on Insanity!!!! I was goin to have to pay over $150 with tax and shipping, but I decided to go online and posted a "wanted" ad with our local online Bookoo and today a gal called me - she bought it a month ago & had to quit cuz she found out she's pregnant...so she sold it to me for $60!!!! I'm soooo stoked!!! My hubby is on vacation this next week so we've decided to start on Monday!! We'll be out of town for Mothers Day tomorrow so Monday begins our 60 days!!!! We're gonna take our before pics - cant wait!! I finally am down 30lbs and thats huge for me so I'm hoping this will help shred the last 20-25lbs I want to lose and will tone me up!! Omg! Omg! I'm ridiculously excited!!!!! :)

Any of you mama's doing Insanity let me know! I'd love some support and find out how you like it. I've talked to some friends & it's a toss with Zumba and Insanity - none of them cared for P90X and it never looked interesting to me like Zumba and Insanity. Is it super fun or am I in trouble?!?!? LOLOL!!!! ;)

WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!

One God fearing, God loving, happily married mommy!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Never tried P90X or Insanity- I have become a Zumba girl : )

I'll probably add the pilates class they have (once a week) too

leidy2011
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:41 AM
I do zumba 7 days a week and I just added insanity to the mix. I also want to try p90x. What ever it takes to lose this stubborn weight!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steffers96
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:45 AM
Quoting leidy2011:

I do zumba 7 days a week and I just added insanity to the mix. I also want to try p90x. What ever it takes to lose this stubborn weight!

LOL!!! I hear that!!! I've been working out 7 days a week on my own and been doing pretty good - lost 30lbs on my own - but now I'm ready for something more challenging that will start to firm up the flab! ;) Let me know how you do!!

WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!

One God fearing, God loving, happily married mommy!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

ShellGardner
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:52 AM
I have tried p90x and insanity I like both of them it really depends on how my body is feeling. If I am not totally up to it I can complete a p90x workout but if I'm up to it I can complete an insanity workout. I don't know if that makes since to you but I did p90x cardio/ abs tonight and we will see what I can do tomorrow. I am just getting back on the workout wagon today. I have to push myself to do something tomorrow today I walked 1.8 miles also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leidy2011
by on May. 13, 2012 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I barely started 2 weeks ago and the scale says the same weight =/. I have lost some of my stomach and toned up my arms. I'm just afraid that what im doing won't work lol

Quoting steffers96:

Quoting leidy2011:

LOL!!! I hear that!!! I've been working out 7 days a week on my own and been doing pretty good - lost 30lbs on my own - but now I'm ready for something more challenging that will start to firm up the flab! ;) Let me know how you do!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 13, 2012 at 7:56 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Insanity. I loathe P90X....I'm a cardio girl though, so weights are like pure torture to me since I find them boring. I had no results to speak of with X, but with Insanity, I lost 12 lbs and 2".. 

It is crazy hard. Even if you can't keep up and have to take more breaks, keep going. Some people can only do 15 minutes of it at a time as it is so difficult. Just keep going and as Shaun T. says " Dig Deeper!"

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Yay!  Good for you mama...you'll love it!

mama2gg
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:40 AM
I'm all about my p90x lol

Have a blast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowboysgirl3227
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Me too :)

Quoting mama2gg:

I'm all about my p90x lol

Have a blast

haydsmom2007
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:24 PM

of those, P90X :) I would rather just go to the gym and workout there with weights, but I can't afford it right now. (I'm borrowing p90x from my dad)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN