Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm going to be brave, please help! :)

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM
  • 10 Replies

I've been saving $$ and am considering a DVD workout program. I'm just not sure which one to do, because my knees are pretty sensitive. I can't do anything super high impact. For example, when I did the 30 day shred I had to do the lower modifications of the moves. I don't want to waste $ on something I won't be able to do, so I am wondering what you recommend.

I've heard good things about p90x and insanity but I am afraid both will be too high impact for my knees. Also, my knee problems are NOT weight related, I've had bad knees since I was about 12. 

Are there any workouts that are hard core WITHOUT high impact?

by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blackoceanveiw
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Walking off the pounds, yoga, Pilates
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't think of any but I will say I think Insanity will be too high impact for your knees. There's a lot of jumping.

randomosityblog
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Quoting blackoceanveiw:

Walking off the pounds, yoga, Pilates

Thanks!

I've done the walk away the pounds ones but I need something that burns more calories. I have zumba on the kinect, but it just doesn't give me the sweat/burn I'm looking for. I'm going to try it again this week, with my body bugg on, to see how many calories I can burn. :)

mama2gg
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I do p90x and can't do hard knee stuff and I can do everything but kenpo and poly I just sub other workouts there are 12 dvd so you don't HAVE to stick to it long as you do something I love my p90x
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Sadie,

Turbo Jam. It is kickboxing and dancy. It is $60 for 5 workouts on 2 DVDs, weighted gloves and a booklet. 

P90X is a weight based 90 day program that does have 2 days of cardio. There is plyo involved, however, he gives you modifications for all of the cardio in X. 

Of the 2, I prefer Jam, but that is because I'm a cardio girl and I hate weights with a passion. 

As a coach and a graduate of Insanity, I do not recommend it to anyone that has back or knee issues. It is brutal on a healthy body, so someone that has issues would be toast. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

nikki0522
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I LOVE my Turbo Jam! I hated exercise until I started TJ. 

Quoting mcginnisc:

Sadie,

Turbo Jam. It is kickboxing and dancy. It is $60 for 5 workouts on 2 DVDs, weighted gloves and a booklet. 

P90X is a weight based 90 day program that does have 2 days of cardio. There is plyo involved, however, he gives you modifications for all of the cardio in X. 

Of the 2, I prefer Jam, but that is because I'm a cardio girl and I hate weights with a passion. 

As a coach and a graduate of Insanity, I do not recommend it to anyone that has back or knee issues. It is brutal on a healthy body, so someone that has issues would be toast. 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 13, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Quoting nikki0522:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Sadie,

I've done it twice now. I've done several programs: P90, P90X, Insanity, Jam-2x, Yoga Booty Ballet, almost all of Asylum and some of Brazil Butt Lift... I'm trying to talk Dh into TurboFire and Les Mills Pump, but he's not biting yet.LOL

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

nikki0522
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting nikki0522:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Sadie,

I've done it twice now. I've done several programs: P90, P90X, Insanity, Jam-2x, Yoga Booty Ballet, almost all of Asylum and some of Brazil Butt Lift... I'm trying to talk Dh into TurboFire and Les Mills Pump, but he's not biting yet.LOL

I'm looking at ChaLean Extreme or P90X for my next program. I started with Slim in 6 before moving on to Turbo Jam. I mix in Power Half Hour every so often, especially the Arm Toner work out.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

randomosityblog
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Thank you, Claire. I will check into Turbo Jam. I want something that isn't easy, but isn't going to be so hard that I can't do it.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Sadie,

wiferichie
by on May. 14, 2012 at 9:09 AM

i have bad knees and could not do 30 day shred or p90x. I could do insanity though. But some people say that insanity is too rough on knees, but it actually helped mine. I can also do zumba (my favorite cardio right now). There's also pilates and yoga. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN