Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Paleo Diet

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:58 AM
  • 7 Replies

Has anyone switched over to it?

A friend of mine is ALWAYS posting amazing things about it such as the food (not always looking very good since I'ma picky eater, and her weight loss)

Her daughter was over weight just a year ago before they switched to Paleo and just the difference between a regular diet vs. the Paleo diet was amazing. She's lost a lot of weight and is now back into the correct BMI for her age and height.

Paleo diet isn't (from what I've gathered) a "diet", it's more of a life style change. So............any words or wisdom from you beauts?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GraceHudson
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:01 AM
bump

heathermarie27
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:03 AM
There is an rapier post about it I would check out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BettyBlythe
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:14 AM
The paleo answer by dr Loren cordain ... Smacked me in my Face I couldn't believe how bad grains and dairy were. We had long been without processed foods but now we eat so clean and healthy I've kicked my 2 year long depression, lost 20 lbs without working out, my DDs attitude has improved, and I'm just excited about food again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BettyBlythe
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:17 AM

My grilled pork chops and side of sautéed apples and walnuts with grass fed butter and cinnamon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Where do you find all the clean, organic foods like almond butter, almond flour, almond oil (i think), coconut oil, etc.? And the meats, where do you buy your meets and grass fed butter?

Quoting BettyBlythe:

My grilled pork chops and side of sautéed apples and walnuts with grass fed butter and cinnamon.

BettyBlythe
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:27 AM
I replied in the other post. You can find ALOT at Safeway and amazon.
Google for local health food stores and give them a call.
Call local butcher shops to see if they know farmers withe grass fed animals.
Free range eggs at Safeway, grass fed butter at Safeway, organic produce at Safeway and local farmers markets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 15, 2012 at 6:01 AM

Never heard of it before...good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)