Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

NSV and a Complaint of sorts

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:37 AM
  • 9 Replies

NSV:I bought new workout shorts yesterday, when I first started my weightloss journey I started out in an xl, but yesterday I was able to buy a small in my workout shorts!! So excited about that!!

My complaint of sorts:Why is it that everyone can see the change I have made, but the only thing I see is that I have so much more work to do?

Another Questions:How is it that my workout shorts are smaller but my jean size hasn't changed? That makes no sense to me!!

by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Lesgerm
by Leslie on May. 15, 2012 at 6:41 AM
That's great!!

I hear you though...at first I was so excited about my weight loss and thought I looked great. Now that I'm used to the slimmer me, I focus more on the negatives when I look in the mirror. I have to remind myself to stop that.

All I can say about sizing is it's all a mystery to me. Sorry :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:53 AM
Great job on the clothes. As for the size clothing is always sized differently by brands so I wouldn't stress about that. I think we are the hardest on ourselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on May. 15, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Whoo hoo!!! 

Sizes are a mystery...nothing is the same in regards to size. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

BelindaDuvessa
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Sizing, at least in America, isn't standardized.  Each brand has it's own version of "Size 6".  The Junior's Section is also generally placed in the women's section.  These clothes are designed as "skinny" because they are for preteens and teens.  I can't hope to squeeze into a Size 12 in that area, but I wear 6 in regular women's clothes.

twnkedee
by Tia on May. 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Woo Hoo on the clothes!! Sizing sucks!! I agree with pp that it's all relative to the brand. You should be proud!

Threes.Company
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Great job!!! 

I am the same way...  I get compliments a lot on my progress, but when I look in the mirror, I still see those parts I want to fix.  I try not to be down on myself about it.  I mean, I do see the progress I've made... but I think it's good to know that there's still work to be done.  It's what keeps me motivated to keep working hard.

Sizing is a mystery.  And stretch-fabric sizing can be VERY different from a denim that is a lot stiffer and doesn't allow much give.  This is also why I wear one size in a stretch-denim pant and another in more of a firm-denim pant.

al09
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I'm so glad someone else has this problem too! I can buy workout shorts in smalls and mediums and they fit great, but when I go to buy jeans I can still barely fit in some brands of size 8's (I buy jrs sizes...so I don't know how much of a difference that makes) and some 10's won't even fit (which KILLS me). I bought a dress the other day for Mother's day (at American Eagle) and it was a size 6 and it was actually a bit big I realized after wearing it all day. I could have easily worn a 4. I hate sizing!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Woot woot!  Sizing is always weird.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

reneawesley
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Awesome nsv! I agree with everyone else about sizing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN