Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Wow people really hate you when your losing weight!

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 31 Replies
I have had a interesting late few weeks. Friends and family that have been really rude and down right mean about my husband and I losing weight. We have both lots about 10ish lbs each. What are they gonna be like when it's 50 lbs. We went to the in laws for the weekend. They made comments all weekend about eating and us running on there tredmill. It got really annoying. I also have a friend that is pissed about my weight loss. Really? Does anyone else have these problems. It just makes me mad and want to work harder to lose more. Haha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrscycklops
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM
4 moms liked this

It's jealousy, plain and simple. You and your husband have finally gotten up the "nerve" in their minds to make yourself a better, healthier, happier person and they don't like it. And they don't like it because they're afraid to try it and fail. Keep up your fantastic work! Ten pounds is a great start! I hope you reach your goals. :)

swesolek6
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this
yeah I try to just ignore them... and I secretly look forward to my Exes all being dumbfounded with how hot I am post baby.lol

they all told me I was ruining my life when I decided to keep the baby..

ooooh I just want to run my hotness figuratively in their faceslol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jace1028
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I get it to. =\ Just ignore them and focus on the people who support you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Sorry they're being that way. How annoying!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM

My MIL frequently complains that my gym membership is too expensive, lol.  1. It's not her money.  2. she offered to babysit so I didn't have to pay for gym daycare, but I am her CAREGIVER.  She has an autoimmune liver disorder and is disabled and uses a wheelchair.  Uh yeah, not watching my kids, sorry.  I barely find the energy for them most days.

I LOVE SUPPORTIVE PEOPLE.

saltyalley1227
by on May. 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Help it motivate you!! I think people are jealous and feel bad they don't have the motivation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leidy2011
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:15 PM
My mom has the same the issue with her sil. My mom has lost some weight but my mom's sil finds it rewarding to tell her she still looks the same. Its total bs!! My mom says it motivates her even more. Let it motivate you when people show their jealousy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmwood
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Wow, that is sad.... Congratulations on your weight loss. You are doing this for you and you are doing great. Keep it up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mweddle
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I get a lot of "you shouldn't lose anymore weight" and the other day I wrote a status about Ab Ripper and how I am going to add it to my weight loss routine...I did not complain at all and this girl gives me this lecture about how Society has made us think we need to be skinny and I should just be happy to be healthy and happy that I have legs because she has a paraplegic patient who would love to be able to do zumba! All this from the girl who did the HCG diet...

I just want to be healthy! I am still at the top of my BMI range.  I am at the top of my healthy weight range.  I dont think there is a thing wrong about wanting to be a certain size.  Ugh.  People are so hateful.  It just hurts my feelings. I want to feel good and be healthy.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on May. 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I totally agree it's pure jealousy.  It takes a lot to actually get motivated enough to make real changes in your life, and unfortunately, for many people, this is how they react when people close to them make the changes they wish they could.  Even my DH, who is really enjoying my new body, has said that my face is getting too thin (I'm still considered obese!).  I try not to take it personally.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN