Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Healthy foods I already have?

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm trying to think of foods I already have around the house that are not too bad for me. What are some suggestions you ladies have? I was thinking about things like hard boiled eggs and a yogurt or piece of fruit for breakfast?
I'll definitely but some fresher foods and things when I go grocery shopping.. but, I thought why not try and make healthy meals out of what I have.
Any suggestions would be awesome. :) 

by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:51 PM

what other things do you have? eggs, yogurt and fruit are good choices

mommytotwo2801
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Fruits and veggies galore! We always have home cooked meals with veggies. So, I def. know that's good!
As far as lunch goes.. I'm a little bit unsure..
We have lots of snacks for the kids, which I know I will stay away from!
It's hard to compose a list of things we have, lol.
I know I've got breakfast and dinner covered.. I'll cut my portions for dinner, and stick with mainly my veggies.
Any suggestions for lunch time small meals?
And snacks, if needed? Maybe some saltine crackers? or a piece of fruit? 

mama2gg
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Lunch for me is left overs from the dinner the night before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Believe86
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Carrots sticks or celery sticks with 2tbs of fat free dressing,a piece of fruit,yogurt,hard boiled eggs are a great source of protein. You'd be surprised at the healthy foods you already have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommytotwo2801
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Love cooked carrots, not raw!! and celery, YUCK! lol.. I'll see what I can do. I'll just be sure and read all my nutritional facts. :)

Quoting Believe86:

Carrots sticks or celery sticks with 2tbs of fat free dressing,a piece of fruit,yogurt,hard boiled eggs are a great source of protein. You'd be surprised at the healthy foods you already have.

AiW
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Tortillas, sliced turkey, hummus, triscuits, pretzels, salsa, leftover chicken breast, broth based soups, salad with some chickpeas or black beans, or a rice bowl (measure out rice, black beans, avocado, corn, tomato, lime, and cilantro), egg white omelettes using cooking spray and lots of veggies.
randomosityblog
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I don't know what you have so I don't know what to suggest... lol.

mommytotwo2801
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yay! I have lots of this stuff already.. I'll be eating good today! :) Thank you!!

Quoting AiW:

Tortillas, sliced turkey, hummus, triscuits, pretzels, salsa, leftover chicken breast, broth based soups, salad with some chickpeas or black beans, or a rice bowl (measure out rice, black beans, avocado, corn, tomato, lime, and cilantro), egg white omelettes using cooking spray and lots of veggies.

mommytotwo2801
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

What about this question.. what are some things you have around your house that you could put together for a moderately healthy meal?
That might be easier to answer, lol!
I'm sure lots of us mom have a lot of the same stuff in our cabinets (give or take) :)

Quoting randomosityblog:

randomosityblog
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM

For breakfast I usually have a hard boiled egg and an apple. My girlfriend has an egg and oatmeal. Then after my workout I do a protein shake. For lunch I will have some grilled green beans and mushrooms with tofu, she usually has a veggie burger. For dinner we have a wide variety of foods but I like to have salads or bean tacos. :)

Quoting mommytotwo2801:

What about this question.. what are some things you have around your house that you could put together for a moderately healthy meal?
That might be easier to answer, lol!
I'm sure lots of us mom have a lot of the same stuff in our cabinets (give or take) :)

Quoting randomosityblog:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN