Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
Anyone else have a hypothyroid. If so what steps have you taken to help you loose weight?
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Replies (11-12):
raegansmom
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:38 PM
I've had it (and type 1 diabetes) for about 18 years. They go hand in hand. I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing. I figure it can't do any harm even if I never lose a pound! Thanks for the words of encouragement! :o)

Quoting jamms02:

Don't get discouraged. It takes a while to get the right levels. I've had this for 23 yrs. I've had to have my meds adjusted a handful of times. It's good you are having it ckd agn. Don't give up! This will be taken care of!

Quoting raegansmom:

This. I have been doing the shred & haven't lost a pound (and I'm on level 3). I get my thyroid checked again next month at the endo. Im trying not to get discouraged.

Quoting jamms02:

Yes. I take my med daily. Exercise & eat rt. Nothing special.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamms02
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM
I did not know that abt diabetes & thyroid. I was diagnosed w/ D2 in January. Interesting.

Quoting raegansmom:

I've had it (and type 1 diabetes) for about 18 years. They go hand in hand. I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing. I figure it can't do any harm even if I never lose a pound! Thanks for the words of encouragement! :o)

Quoting jamms02:

Don't get discouraged. It takes a while to get the right levels. I've had this for 23 yrs. I've had to have my meds adjusted a handful of times. It's good you are having it ckd agn. Don't give up! This will be taken care of!

Quoting raegansmom:

This. I have been doing the shred & haven't lost a pound (and I'm on level 3). I get my thyroid checked again next month at the endo. Im trying not to get discouraged.

Quoting jamms02:

Yes. I take my med daily. Exercise & eat rt. Nothing special.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN