Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Quinoa

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

What are some good recipes to use quinoa in? I just bought some to try and I know nothing about it, but i've heard a lot of good things! 

by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaKarrot
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I stole my way to cook it from Claire.  I grill veggies (zucchini, carrots, whatever) and stick it in there.  It's really good just like that.  If you toast the quinoa on the stove dry and then add water to cook it, it already has a really good taste.  You don't need to do much to it. :)

km1970
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I use it as a substitute for rice. I use it to make black bean and quiona tacos. I will also heat it up in the mornings and put blackberries, blueberries, and strawberries with almond milk.

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on May. 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I make breakfast with it.  Ummmm let me see if I can find the website.

MockingJay
by Member on May. 21, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Definitely as a replacement of rice. Make sure you rinse it before cooking, and check for stones (I broke a crown on a stone eating Quinoa once). 

I like to cook it in some veggie broth. Then I add some mixed veggies, such as leaks, kale, celery, carrots, beats, etc. I eat as it, or put into a burrito with some beans. YUM!

LongBeachLiz
by on May. 21, 2012 at 9:56 PM
I cook it with veggie or chicken broth. Then I bake veggies like beets, carrots, sweet potato with a little olive oil and a little salt. Half the time I make chicken too and eat it all together. It's yummy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2gg
by on May. 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM
My mil uses it in everything ill have to get her book she has written on it and post some of the best ones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kjk110110
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Thanks!

Quoting mama2gg:

My mil uses it in everything ill have to get her book she has written on it and post some of the best ones

kjk110110
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Thank you everyone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN