Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Getting my mirena out tomorrow & hopefully losing this weight! UPDATE!! :)

Posted by   + Show Post

Ever since I got my bc I have not been able to lose weight. I lost 10 lbs in the beginning & that was it. Well I am getting it out tomorrow & hoping to drop the lbs/inches again! Right now I weigh 271 lbs. I haven't been eating really healthy in a few weeks because I honestly didn't see the point, but I am starting up again & getting back into an exercise routine. My goal weight is 160-170. I know it is going to take time, but I'm ready to start making my dreams come true! ******UPDATE 5/28/12 Tomorrow makes a week since having my mirena removed & this morning when I weighed in I weighed 264 lbs!! That's 7 lbs gone since!! This is the first time in 6 months I have seen the number on the scale drop!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 22, 2012 at 5:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
kmencl3210
by on May. 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting kmencl3210:

There aren't any non-hormonal pills out there (their mechanism is the hormones). There is, however, a non-hormonal IUD, which is just as effective as Mirena.

Crap. I hate the IUD lol. I guess even if I take the pill it'll be fine, i dont really have too many issues with hormones in BC i was told the pill could benefit me anyway because i might have a hormone imbalance..

AmberMerrell
by Member on May. 22, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Eating healthy, exercising, & cutting out soda.

Quoting musicpisces:

Good luck! I didn't notice a difference when mine was removed, or when I had a new one back in (we tried to conceive for a few months). I've managed to lose most of my weight with mine in. I was actually close to your weight when I started (I was 269, and I'm 174 now). What is your plan for losing the weight?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on May. 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Good luck mama!

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM
I'm glad I removed mine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristyna-223
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:38 PM
I love my mirena and have lost 96lbs on it! even if I stopped losing weight I would keep it in... I have 2 daughters 13.5 months apart the are 17 months and 30 months... So mirena keeps me baby free for awhile.. I have 38lbs till goal... Im 24.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:49 PM
Eep!! I did it!! Lol I mentioned it and he said okay without arguing! I told him why and he said he agrees and i wouldn't have anymore pains, which I made him feel bad about lol (I was hurting really bad 1 night and he wouldn't take me to er cause DS was asleep and he was tired)

Quoting AmberMerrell:

I know how that feels. It took me forever to talk my dh into letting me get rid of it & go back to condoms. He's not too excited about that, but he wants me to be happy & we're both hoping since I won't be dealing with these hormones I'll be better!

Quoting kmencl3210:

I'm seriously considering getting mine out too... I just got it in Feb and gained back like 6 lbs and can't lose anythigg plus I just don't like it. But I have to find another form of bc and get DH to agree to loosing the iud :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Yay! Good luck mama! It hurt when she took mine out :/ but if I get what I want it will totally be worth it!

Quoting kmencl3210:

Eep!! I did it!! Lol I mentioned it and he said okay without arguing! I told him why and he said he agrees and i wouldn't have anymore pains, which I made him feel bad about lol (I was hurting really bad 1 night and he wouldn't take me to er cause DS was asleep and he was tired)

Quoting AmberMerrell:

I know how that feels. It took me forever to talk my dh into letting me get rid of it & go back to condoms. He's not too excited about that, but he wants me to be happy & we're both hoping since I won't be dealing with these hormones I'll be better!

Quoting kmencl3210:

I'm seriously considering getting mine out too... I just got it in Feb and gained back like 6 lbs and can't lose anythigg plus I just don't like it. But I have to find another form of bc and get DH to agree to loosing the iud :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Way to go! That's great you were able to lose weight with it! I just couldn't seem to lose mine so hopefully that was the problem cause it's gone now!

Quoting Kristyna-223:

I love my mirena and have lost 96lbs on it! even if I stopped losing weight I would keep it in... I have 2 daughters 13.5 months apart the are 17 months and 30 months... So mirena keeps me baby free for awhile.. I have 38lbs till goal... Im 24.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Really??? Crappp it hurt bad enough getting it put in that I felt like I was gonna pass out-- I have bad pain tolerance issues and when I feel a lot of pain I almost pass out (I forgot to take meds before going though lol) maybe ill just take some really strong pain killers before hand...

Quoting AmberMerrell:

Yay! Good luck mama! It hurt when she took mine out :/ but if I get what I want it will totally be worth it!

Quoting kmencl3210:

Quoting AmberMerrell:

Quoting kmencl3210:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LongBeachLiz
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Have you tried myfitnesspal (website and app on a phone) it's pretty awesome. It will help count calories and you will be shocked by how many calories are in some of the foods we eat.
I am around the same weight and I have the same goals!
Myfitnesspal name is longbeachliz (I'm so original lol).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)