Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a schedule!

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:12 AM
  • 15 Replies

Now that the kids are going to be out of school, I'm going to try and make a schedule with 8AM gym time every day. Even if I only work out for a half an hour, it's a great start to the day. My goal is 1.5 hours every day. We will see how that works out.

I don't want to get bored, so I'm going to alternate between weights/cardio and classes.

What's your workout schedule like?

by on May. 23, 2012 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twinsies041
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I don't go to the gym becase with the babies I have noooo time. Wish I could though. Good luck!

randomosityblog
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Quoting twinsies041:

I don't go to the gym becase with the babies I have noooo time. Wish I could though. Good luck!

Luckily they have child care at mine but the limit is 1.5 hours so I have to get as MUCH done in that time as possible. :)

Threes.Company
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I usually work out at 9AM and do anywhere from 60-90 mins, rotating between cardio and strength-training days.  I do strength 3-4 times a week and just cardio on the other days with one day off per week.  Last summer I cut back, but that bit me in the butt and I ended up gaining back 5-8 lbs.  This summer I am making myself continue my 6-day plan.

randomosityblog
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Quoting Threes.Company:

I usually work out at 9AM and do anywhere from 60-90 mins, rotating between cardio and strength-training days.  I do strength 3-4 times a week and just cardio on the other days with one day off per week.  Last summer I cut back, but that bit me in the butt and I ended up gaining back 5-8 lbs.  This summer I am making myself continue my 6-day plan.

When you do 60-90 minutes of strength training, what do you do? Anything special? The reason I ask is because after about 30 minutes I don't know what else to do. I do 3 sets of 10 on all of my exercises, get a full body workout, but am done in about 30 minutes. Any advice?

Also, on cardio days, do you just do elliptical, treadmill, etc for the entire time? How does that work? Sorry for so many questions I just would really like to get in the groove of things. 

Threes.Company
by on May. 23, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Quoting randomosityblog:

Quoting Threes.Company:

When you do 60-90 minutes of strength training, what do you do? Anything special? The reason I ask is because after about 30 minutes I don't know what else to do. I do 3 sets of 10 on all of my exercises, get a full body workout, but am done in about 30 minutes. Any advice?

Also, on cardio days, do you just do elliptical, treadmill, etc for the entire time? How does that work? Sorry for so many questions I just would really like to get in the groove of things. 

I never do more than 60 mins of strength.  If I do 90 mins that day, 30 mins of it are cardio.  But I do all my muscle groups more than once.  I have 5-6 circuits that I do.  Each circuit has 3 different exercises.  I usually do about 15 reps of each exercise and go through the 3 exercises 3 times total (did you follow that?).  Then I move on to the next set of 5 -- and again do 15 reps, 3 cycles of the 3 exercises.

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

itsm3
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 9:25 AM

i work out every day after work; so between 345pm - 430pm.  i take the weekends off but i always eat healthy every single day.

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 23, 2012 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it's good to have a scheduled time. 

For months I was doing home workouts after the kids went to bed, so around 8:00.  But now I'm doing lunch breaks at the gym at work half the time and after the kids go to bed at home half the time. 

miller060905
by on May. 23, 2012 at 11:20 AM
It really depends on dhs schedule and the kids schedule. Lol! I do have a schedule in a way, it's just wacky and hard to explain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by Kat on May. 23, 2012 at 11:26 AM

mine is different everyday, but thats ok because thats how I need it :)

jazzyjae
by on May. 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I take sculpt and toning classes 2x a week @ 9am, I take pilates 2x a week @ 8am, I do ZWow workouts at home 2x a week @9am. I do cardio 5x a week for 20-30 minutues...if I feel like it lol.=)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)