Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

just wondering

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM
  • 5 Replies
Does anyone know how many calories u burn doin 50 crunches?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LindaClement
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I'd say 'don't worry about it' because it's FOR SURE not enough to make up for a chocolate bar.

Build more muscle, eat smaller portions of healthier food. Do cardio conditioning because it's good for your heart.

rigosgurl
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM
I do those things, was just wondering.

Quoting LindaClement:

I'd say 'don't worry about it' because it's FOR SURE not enough to make up for a chocolate bar.

Build more muscle, eat smaller portions of healthier food. Do cardio conditioning because it's good for your heart.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on May. 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM

It's kind of like being able to track how many minutes it is between meals: you could know, but then what?

Quoting rigosgurl:

I do those things, was just wondering.

Quoting LindaClement:

joeykttn
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:03 PM

crunches are technically considered strength training, and unless you have a bodybugg or similar gadget, I don't think you can know how many calories you burn. On Sparkpeople, it doesn't count as burned calories, even if I do 200. What counts for calories burned is cardio. Hope that helps :)

Threes.Company
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Not many... and everyone is different in how they burn calories. I can do 43 full sit ups in a minute. That might burn maybe 10 calories? And that's going at a fast pace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)