Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How I celebrated hitting the 100 pound mark today! (pic heavy)

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm so happy, I hit the 100 lbs mark today!  Woo hoo!  What a great milestone!!  I wanted to do something special to celebrate.  Since I had to be in San Francisco today for a doctor's appointment, I decided to go for a run at Crissy Field.  This is a run I've always wanted to do, and DH agreed to go (didn't run, but didn't mind reading while I ran).  I had him take a few pics before I got started, then I took several along the way.  I just have to share!

The fog lifted just as we were pulling in.  it was absolutely PERFECT!!

I think that one will be my new desktop!  LOL  Excuse my hair, the wind was blowing hard at my back.

This is Fort Point, the old coastal defense station, right under the Golden Gate Bridge.  You can see a few surfers in the water, and a container ship about to go under the bridge.

This was from the end of the point, looking back at the city skyline.

Then I headed back east toward the city, and this is looking at the beach at Crissy Field and the Golden Gate Bridge.

Continuing on, I was along the marina, and you can see the mansions across the street there.

Alcatraz from the end of the marina.

Looking back at the marina and the bridge.

This is probably one of my favorite runs of all time!  It was a great way to commemorate today.

Just a reminder of where I was 100 lbs ago:

October 2009, 269 lbs

Then today, 169 lbs and still going:

EDIT: Many of you have asked how I've done it.  I actually have a journal with all the details here.  Basically, I eat clean and exercise.  You can read the basics of eating clean here.  No fads, no supplements, just work and time.  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:24 AM
Replies (411-417):
tinysmom160
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Great job!!!

LindaClement
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Glorious!

What a great celebration of an amazing success!!

emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Congratulations on your weight loss! You look amazing! Love the photos!

Kathy489
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Great job! I'm sure you feel as good as you look!  :-)  And you're right about losing weight slowly and keeping it off. Lifestyle changes are long-lasting, whereas quick weight loss never lasts.

trayseehalf
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Congrats!! Awesome job!! I wish I could do that!! Or at least get some off!! It's just so hard!! You look so good!!

Drangon
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM

You are an inspiration!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:10 AM

You CAN do it!!  It IS hard, but it's SOOOO worth it!  And thank you!

Quoting trayseehalf:

Congrats!! Awesome job!! I wish I could do that!! Or at least get some off!! It's just so hard!! You look so good!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)