Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introduction

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi everyone! My name it Tabatha. I've been in this group for awhile but not been active. Well I'm going to change that now. I am now motivated to get on my weight loss journey again. A little bit about me....

I've always somewhat struggled with my weight. Its a yo yo effect. I started gaining weight right after high school ( 11yrs ago ) and reached my highest when I went into labor with my daughter in 2005. I hit the scale at 209. I left the hospital at 198. Wow...I look back at my pictures and think uggg really why did I do that to myself. I have never been the type of person to stick to a exercise regimen so I just started eating healthy. I got down to my pre-pregnancy weight in 2006 ( 175 ). Slowly lost weight over time with some yo yoing in there. I had a goal set to reach 140 and hit that in 2009. I still wasn't happy how I looked I wanted to tone up and get down to 120. I started dating my first love from high school and felt that I needed to be this really fit girl with a nice body. This really motivated to working out. I started doing the biggest loser dvd, and Jillian Michaels. Soon after got down to 130 and seen a lot of changes in my body. Then my now husband deployed to Iraq. I was determined then to get my body to where I want. Over the course of 2010 I concentrated on doing P90X, eating right, and even started running. He got home in June 2011 and I was hot...lol I weighed in at 114 and was fit and lean. Well getting married, quiting my job, moving to be with him, and becoming a SAHM has put weight back on me. I stopped working out started not watching what I eat and bam.... 8 months later back to 134. I get so mad at myself for letting myself go. Oh to make it worse I am currently taking classes to become a personal trainer....haha I can't wear most of my clothes so I just stay inside the house in my pj's most of the time. I decided this week I had enough. I started Tuesday counting calories, and doing my P90X. I have a goal to get back to my 115 body. I will get there!!!!

Sorry so long. I will be starting a Journal come tomorrow. I need to get my mesurements and before photo's. I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:47 PM

welcome and good luck :)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I understand completely.... I was 110 a year ago... I am currently 125 and trying to talk Dh into me getting my ACSM certifications in the fall since I will have 2 in school instead of 1 this year. I am going to be running like a mad woman soon since I have a 1/2 marathon in September, a 5k in October and a 1/2 marathon in October. I'm probably going to do Asylum again as well in addition to all the running that I do. 

You can do it! 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Welcome to the group and good luck!

TabathaDavis
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Thank you!

Quoting Stefanie83:

welcome and good luck :)

TabathaDavis
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I am loving the course work I am doing! Expecially this unit it is over nutrition. No better way to motivate myself then learning about the importance of eating right. I had a goal to run a 10 mile'r this next week but one month out my knee decided to be retarted..lol I go to the Dr here soon to see what the heck is wrong with it :(

Quoting mcginnisc:

I understand completely.... I was 110 a year ago... I am currently 125 and trying to talk Dh into me getting my ACSM certifications in the fall since I will have 2 in school instead of 1 this year. I am going to be running like a mad woman soon since I have a 1/2 marathon in September, a 5k in October and a 1/2 marathon in October. I'm probably going to do Asylum again as well in addition to all the running that I do. 

You can do it! 

TabathaDavis
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Thank you!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group and good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)