Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Why?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:51 AM
  • 11 Replies

For a month now I've been walking daily... 1 hour brisk walks and also doing 20 minutes of cardio-kickboxing... I don't see a change in my body except in my legs, they look thinner but now my belly looks bigger ...why is this? should I worry? or will I eventually slim down?

by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Have you weighed yourself?  Sounds like you're losing inches...have you measured?  You could just have some extra water weight that might make your belly look bigger.  Also keep in mind that we all think we look bigger than we really are!  Are you tracking your calories?

nlonnon
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Your belly might look bigger to you because your legs look smaller. One of the downsides to not being able to pick where weight comes off. Keep working at it and it will change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 2, 2012 at 6:51 AM

If the answers to Darby's questions are no, it might be time to analyze what you are doing. You might need to intensify your workouts. What does your diet look like? Your abs are made in the kitchen, so if you are eating processed foods, you are not going to have a flat stomach. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

mama2gg
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:07 AM
I agree with darby and pp I was walking everyday and THOUGHT I was eating right

When I learn clean and lean and to track EVERYTHING on mfp I saw how bad I was really eating the month I cleaned up my act and really started to work I lost 10lbs I'm on month two now and have lost 6lbs already !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmlmomma
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:25 AM

details please...Whats CLEAN and LEAN?  (way to go, congrats )

Quoting mama2gg:

I agree with darby and pp I was walking everyday and THOUGHT I was eating right

When I learn clean and lean and to track EVERYTHING on mfp I saw how bad I was really eating the month I cleaned up my act and really started to work I lost 10lbs I'm on month two now and have lost 6lbs already !

jmlmomma
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I agree with everyone here, measure and weigh... I had lost 20 lbs and 5 inches....I was not happy with the 20 lbs because I was working so hard...running 3 miles 3 times a week but when I measured myself and realized I had lost 5 inches, wow....a real boost...

reneawesley
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:04 AM
I agree with the previous posters. Good luck and keep at it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juanita679
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Good luck

psychobilly_mom
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:56 PM

;-/ Ok I have been tracking my calories (always under my calorie allowance), and have lost 7 lbs... but I do eat a lot of processed foods eek. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Quoting psychobilly_mom:

;-/ Ok I have been tracking my calories (always under my calorie allowance), and have lost 7 lbs... but I do eat a lot of processed foods eek. 

By under, are you under your actual base BMR or your high number? 

You should never eat under your calories as it will put you into starvation mode. 

Would you post a day's menu for me to look at and offer suggestions if necessary? 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN