Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Disappointed, but excited for tomorrow

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM
  • 2 Replies

I wrote a few days ago about my first 5k tomorrow and my first tennis tournament in 13 years also tomorrow. I thought my heat for the 5k was at 9:30am, but after checking to make sure, I saw that it is actually at 10:30. This sucks because there is no way I will have time to finish the run and then get to my tennis tournament on time. Tennis is more important to me, so I dropped out of the race. I'm both disappointed and relieved. I was really looking forward to the race, but I was also worried that I wouldn't have it in me to do both in one day. The tennis tourny is a guaranteed 3 matches so it will be testing my endurance. I am SO SO excited for my matches! I started playing tennis when I was 5 years old and was really good at it. I played the number one on a fully paid scholarship in college. That is until I lost my scholarship because I didn't go to class :/  They tried everything they could to keep me there, but I was just too stupid and immature to listen. Anyway, life happened. Joined the military, got married, had 4 kids,and gained a bunch of weight. Now here I am almost 50lbs lighter and back into tennis again. I feel like I have my identity back! It's such a part of who I am. Sorry to ramble on, I am very passionate about tennis :) I will find another race to enter and hope that a tournament doesn't pop up again on the same day. I won't have anyone there tomorrow to take pictures, but hopefully I can get some at my next one on June 21st. I will update tomorrow night how I placed  :)

by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jmsbowtie
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Good Luck in your tournament

km1970
by on Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:54 PM

good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN