Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

last hurrah

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:55 PM
  • 11 Replies
I keep falling off the bandwagon. Got down to 153 last summer but then bounced back up to 172 and fell into my old ways. So tonight is my "last night" doing the bad stuff. So I am getting drunk and pigging out. Tomorrow I am determined to start JM Revolution and try to eat healthier and small portions. Anybody else having a last hurrah?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeremysMom
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I did two years of last hurrahs and it didn't work for me. What worked was making small changes. The first week, I decided that I would not eat out for lunch at all. Another week, I would drink more water and not eat out for lunch, etc. Each week I tried to change something. Good Luck!

Queen_Bree
by on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I am.. I dont know if i will stick to it this time either but I am really going to try!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Never had a last hurrah, but today was definitely a hurrah day, food-wise!! Oh, my food diary is soooo bad. LOL

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 9:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't believe in those anymore.  The best time to start a healthier lifestyle is right now...  Why wait until tomorrow?  Why make your road to health even longer?  On top of it, you will be hungover for your first day of healthy eating... and that's when most of us tend to crave crap foods -- when we're hungover.

Have a beer if you want.  Or drink a glass of wine.  Eat a small bite of chocolate if that is what you are craving... but I'd highly recommend avoiding the whole binge-eating before a lifestyle change...  It's almost like you are psyching yourself out -- telling yourself you CANNOT have any of that stuff ever again.  I know I personally never responded well to that.  It just made me hate eating healthy and I felt deprived all the time.  That's not what healthy eating is about.  You can have bad things in small doses.  It's all about moderation.

Good luck! 

3Xthelove
by Heather on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM
Your replies are perfect...I need a ditto button!!

Quoting Threes.Company:

I don't believe in those anymore.  The best time to start a healthier lifestyle is right now...  Why wait until tomorrow?  Why make your road to health even longer?  On top of it, you will be hungover for your first day of healthy eating... and that's when most of us tend to crave crap foods -- when we're hungover.

Have a beer if you want.  Or drink a glass of wine.  Eat a small bite of chocolate if that is what you are craving... but I'd highly recommend avoiding the whole binge-eating before a lifestyle change...  It's almost like you are psyching yourself out -- telling yourself you CANNOT have any of that stuff ever again.  I know I personally never responded well to that.  It just made me hate eating healthy and I felt deprived all the time.  That's not what healthy eating is about.  You can have bad things in small doses.  It's all about moderation.

Good luck! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
militarygirl83
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I agree with this too.  If you can go ON a diet you will come OFF it and gain the weight back.  Take the time and learn baby steps that will eventually become a lifestyle change for the long run.

Quoting Threes.Company:

Good luck! 

19andmomtobe
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 11:23 PM
That's funny. I did the same thing tonight too. I ate an entire bag of cookies. I'll do great for like 4 days and then I gain all the weigh backin one day. I hate it! Maybe this really will be my last pig out day.. Doubt it lol
TBSNBubblegum
by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 12:33 PM
I really like the idea of indulging once in a while...
I'm going to try to restrain myself from drinking for a while (was drinking 4-6 beers 2-3 days a week) and not pigout on whole bags of chips and whatnot. Just trying to make healthier choices now. My last hurrah was getting drunk and eating something I will probably not eat for a long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wahmx3
by Shelley on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:26 AM

While I don't agree with one last hurrah, there is no reason why you can't have a beer or some other drink once in awhile. This is a lifestyle change, not a temporary diet and I think everything is okay on moderation. I love having singapore slings, especially in the summer while we are relaxing camping. i am aware of the calories and try to exercise a bit more to make up for it. I also don't get discouraged if i gain after the weekend of having a few treats, it all works out. The more you ban something or make it taboo, the more you will want it and likely to over indulge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN