Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

why"(

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:38 PM
  • 14 Replies
why does this keep happening?
Ok so I hadn't had a period in 4 months then I ended up starting last month and then this month I'm late again
I'm so confused my period has always and I mean always been the 18th of every month.... what's going on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beethann
by Beth on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Have you been losing weight, or super stressed? Lots of things can effect our periods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snuggles20
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Not before but now I'm trying to lose weight I just started walking Monday but that can't be it that fast could it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snuggles20
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Dh and I have been ttc and I thought we may not be able to cause I'm over wait so I start trying to lose weight because I really want a baby I love my husband and I know we will both be very good parents
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
km1970
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Sorry if I get a little TMI here...it sounds like you may not be ovulating. What you may have experienced when you thought you were having your period may not have been a period at all. I had a similar experience  when I was ttc my kids. I would go months without a period and then I would have what I thought was a period, but the blood was more brownish in color and thick. When I talked to the dr. about it..she said after awhile the tissue and blood will build up and will slough off. I wasn't ovulating at all and it wasn't a standard period. You may want to discuss this with your dr.

Snuggles20
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 10:54 PM
It looked like it always had cause I talked to one and she told me if I do start to check the color and it looked normal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:28 PM

uh... post-pregnancy? Pre-menopause? Thyroid fluctuations? Starvation? Over-exercising? Someone's slipping you the Pill? :D

Lots of choices... it's hard to say.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:35 PM
I would say to talk to your doctor. TTC can be very stressful, and maybe that's suppressing your periods? Do you do anything for stress relief? Yoga? Anything? Might be helpful. But I say talk to your doc for her input.
Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:29 AM

Not sure mama...I would talk to your doctor. Good luck!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:19 AM

There are so many variables...I was irregular from the time I was 13 until I was 18. I went on the pill to regulate and it worked for 2 years..then, in 97' I stopped having them completely- even while on the pill. I did not have one for 4 years and then they were irregular for a few years. It took us 7 years and Clomid to get pregnant with our first child. After she was stillborn, my body went back to being sporadic at best for about 2 years. Once we adopted our middle daughter, I became regular for a few months and then went 4 months without a period and got pregnant ( last period in August, pg in December). I have been regular since then.. 

I did go through what I thought was perimenopause this past November-December. I had a period for almost 2 months straight as well as other symptoms. They checked my thyroid, as well as other things and everything was normal. I will also add, I am not overweight and have not been for 2 years. 

My best advice is to speak with your doctor, especially ttc. If you are not ovulating, it will cause irregular periods and make ttc more difficult. 

Good luck to you. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 21, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Quoting LindaClement:

uh... post-pregnancy? Pre-menopause? Thyroid fluctuations? Starvation? Over-exercising? Someone's slipping you the Pill? :D

Lots of choices... it's hard to say.

Linda- that totally made me giggle...

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)