Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's amazing how my water amount affects how I feel!

Posted by   + Show Post
I've been consistently drinking a gallon of water a day for several weeks now. There have been a few times that we've left the house around noon and been gone the rest of the day. Those days I've maybe been lucky to drink half my normal water amount and every time the next morning I wake up feeling bloated and sluggish. It just amazes me how important my water amount is to how I feel.its like my body has gotten used to how much hydration I give it and when it doesn't get that it doesn't like it!!!

Does anyone else notice this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 23, 2012 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm the same way!  Gotta have my water!

miller060905
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:15 AM
I have a gallon jug and every morning I fill it up then toss a lemon wedge and 1/2 a cucumber sliced up into it..... My goal every day is to drink the whole thing and I do. Maybe start with a 1/2 gallon pitcher or something and add a little flavor if you don't like it plain!

Quoting lizmartinez:

Reading things like this really makes me think I should be drinking water. I drink maybe one glass a day but also 5 cans of diet coke minimum. I know it's horrible for me. I just hate water!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meliscool72
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Yes, and I just recently started water all the time with a little milk and sweet tea coming from a soda fanatic. I can't seem to get enough water now and I can stay up a lot later than normal unfortunatly

nlonnon
by Tasha on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:49 AM
I agree! I can tell when my water intake is not good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:28 AM
I agree! The last few days I've been in the go. I drag my 100oz jug with me but I left it in the car one day and it was 100 degrees out and it was too hot to drink. I had to wait until I could get somewhere to get some more! Woke up with a headache and feeling gross the next day. Once I hydrated properly I felt great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizmartinez
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Its hard for me to drink uncarbonated drinks without food. Flavor isn't an issue luckily! We have a water cooler and we have our own filtered bottles. I fill mine and hubby's every morning and my goal is to drink my whole bottle. It's only a liter but I drink a glass or two from the cooler too. I live in AZ and its easy to get dehydrated. I know I need to drink more water but I love my diet coke haha

Quoting miller060905:

I have a gallon jug and every morning I fill it up then toss a lemon wedge and 1/2 a cucumber sliced up into it..... My goal every day is to drink the whole thing and I do. Maybe start with a 1/2 gallon pitcher or something and add a little flavor if you don't like it plain!

Quoting lizmartinez:

Reading things like this really makes me think I should be drinking water. I drink maybe one glass a day but also 5 cans of diet coke minimum. I know it's horrible for me. I just hate water!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:57 AM
Yes, I'm the same way! My body is NOT happy with me when I don't have enough water. I usually go through at least a gallon a day, and if I do much less than that, especially on days I run, I have zero energy, my body feels awful, I'm beyond thirsty the next day, it's crazy!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:59 AM
Quoting lizmartinez:

You ought to check out Soda Stream carbonators. We have one (DH is addicted to Diet Coke as well, mostly a carbonation fan), and we really like it. It migh be a good option if you prefer the bubbles.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

lizmartinez
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Do you save money on buying soda? When I've calculated it it's about the same price but I don't know anyone who has one! They sell them at target right?

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting lizmartinez:

You ought to check out Soda Stream carbonators. We have one (DH is addicted to Diet Coke as well, mostly a carbonation fan), and we really like it. It migh be a good option if you prefer the bubbles.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beethann
by Beth on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Quoting livewpassion:

I used to chew ice ALL day and night--bad habit. Then one day I just quit even though I had been totally addicted.  I was SO hydrated all the time and had so much more energy than I do now.  It is so easy and yet I fail to drink enough.  I cut out little magnets so I could move them from one side of the frig to the other to help me count how much I had drunk, but I keep forgetting to use them.  Miss Inconsistent

That's a really neat idea! I just always use a 16 oz water bottle. I know if i drink at least 4 a day i'm good. but even then, sometimes I lose count! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)