Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Seriously cofused... do I eat back these calories!?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:43 PM
  • 17 Replies

I am on MFP and am supposed to eat 1,560 calories a day. I also work out 6 days a week for about 2 hours. An hour of cardio and then weights or I'll swim in the pool just depends on my mood and if I had a workout class that day. When I enter the calories I burn from working out it tells me that I need to eat more. For instance let's say I have 1,560 calories and have ate 600 of them. I then workout and put in my calories I've burned and the MFP tells me that I now need to eat 2,160 calories! Is that right? I can't do that! That's too much food.  Also if I'm eating the calories I just burned how am I losing weight? Sorry for so many questions I'm just really confused.

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Yuriko_chan
by Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:50 PM

BUMP! I have no idea! I recently just quit counting and just try to eat as clean as possible.

MalibuMommy
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:05 PM
I've been wondering that too. I can't figure it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blackoceanveiw
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:15 PM
OK if u use the number mfp gives u then yes u need to eat ur calories bk. Or atleast till u have a 500 calories deficit. Or u could get ur bmr done in the group here n just change it on mfp. If u get ur bmr done here they'll need ur age, weight,height n how many days a week u exercise n if u breastfeed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelbabies14
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I feel the same way. I cannot meet my daily intake. I can't eat that much! We eat very clean. We have to. My son has severe food allergies so we have no choice. I do not know how people eat that much in a day! My BMR is higher than yours though. The theory is that you have to meet your caloric intake so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. When you figure your BMR it subtracts 500 cals off your daily intake to loose the approx 1lb a week. If you don't stay within your range, including adding back calories after you burn then your body will not loosethe fat, it will store the fat.  I still cannot reach my BMR and I try real hard!

angelbabies14
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I should add, some people do loose weight even going under their BMR but its not the "healthy" way to do it.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:48 AM

MFP is designed for you to eat back those calories. When you input your information and it sets that goal, it is meant for you to eat your calories, exercise and exercise calories and hit zero in your budget. This way, you will have a 500 calorie daily deficit and at least a 1 lb weekly loss. 

Now, if you use MFP's number for you, then yes, you should be eating those calories back.. if you use the numbers I gave you, eat within your range only. I have my MFP manually set for my BMR range and I eat within that range. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

ashleighd1006
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Can you give me my information to have my BMR?

Quoting mcginnisc:

MFP is designed for you to eat back those calories. When you input your information and it sets that goal, it is meant for you to eat your calories, exercise and exercise calories and hit zero in your budget. This way, you will have a 500 calorie daily deficit and at least a 1 lb weekly loss. 

Now, if you use MFP's number for you, then yes, you should be eating those calories back.. if you use the numbers I gave you, eat within your range only. I have my MFP manually set for my BMR range and I eat within that range. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM
I need your age,height,weight and the number of days per week you work out...it is great if you tell me what types and durations of workouts as well so I can decide which formula to use..

Quoting ashleighd1006:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:09 AM
It is trial and error. mfp is set up for you to eat those back. I have found that I can still lose and not starve if I have 200-300 left after exercise. For me my goal is around 1800-2100 a day. If I don't workout I eat close to the 1800 and when I do workout I eat around 2000.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleighd1006
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Age- 24

Height- 5 '4'

Weight- 238

I workout out 6 days a week for 2 hours a day. I always do at least 40-60 min of cardio and at least 45 min of weights. Sometimes if I have time before my 2 hours are up I'll go in the sauna. On Mondays and Wed I have Body Pump class (working out with weights) On Friday Mornings I have Body Vive (resistance band, vive ball, and almost all cardio) on Friday afternoons I have Body Jam (Like Zumba), and on Saturdays I have Body Flow (Yoga, Tai Chi, and Pilates mixed together). All classes are 1 hour. On the days I have class I will leave the class and go do 30 min cardio and 30 min weights. Sometimes if class wore me out I will do 20 min cardio and swim in the pool for about 30 min and then sit in the sauna. I don't workout on Sundays.

I need your age,height,weight and the number of days per week you work out...it is great if you tell me what types and durations of workouts as well so I can decide which formula to use..

Quoting ashleighd1006:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN