Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

This is going to sound rude, but I need to get it out

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM
  • 57 Replies
14 moms liked this
Ladies, I think it's great that we are all working to lose weight and get healthy, whether it's for vanity or necessity.
I am seeing more and more posts about women in here and other weight loss groups saying that they want/need to lose weight, but they refuse to eat veggies. Don't get me wrong, I don't like most vegetables. But the thought of gaining more weight scares me more than the thought of having to eat some broccoli.
Yes, you can lose weight without forcing yourself to eat vegetables, but sometimes I think that people don't really try to like healthier options.

I'm not trying to offend people, just couldn't hold it in anymore. Also, eating healthier will also encourage your children to eat healthier, and maybe they won't end up with the adversity to veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I love you Mary... * just sayin'*.....:-) 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Between the veggie-hating and all the weight loss pills I read about (not just in this group, I belong to a few) it scares me. I don't want any of the women on here getting hurt. I know I need to work on my eating, I'm nowhere near perfect and won't pretend to be. So I hope nobody thinks I'm trying to be hypocritical. I'm working on opening up my palette to things I never would have touched growing up. My parents didn't force me to eat vegetables, and if we had any it was corn, peas or green beans.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SourRoses
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:29 PM
2 moms liked this

who doesn't like veggies??; those are some of my favorite foods. and i always have to eat fresh berries. fresh berries are like candy to me.

you are right though, if you are not willing to eat healthy and have a healthy life style, then yes you are going to stay fat. and its not just my opinion it is the truth. read a nutrition book if you don't believe me.

AnakaAlisyn
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Well, there are lots of different diet plans.  I'm not a big vegetable eater either, but I eat a lot of fruit instead.  I figure either way I'm getting my five a day of fruits and veggies, its just that it's usually one or two servings of veggie and four to six servings of fruit.  I also remember reading that there are a few fruits that are so high in vitamins that you can count them like vegetables.  I remember blue berries and raspberries being on that list and I think strawberry also and maybe mango.  I can't remember the last one.  Anyway, I eat some of those fruits almost daily.  

vboatner
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:36 PM

We had broccoli tonight! Thankfully both of my boys LOVE their veggies. I agree with a PP. Who doesn't love veggies. I have been able to drop more weight since adding MORE of them to our diet January of this year than I have since I was 19 years old. I am 26 now. *ETA* and not just adding more veggies, but switching from canned veggies to all fresh and frozen veggies too .

Jace1028
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I do not like the taste of most veggies. However, since starting my weight loss mission, I've tried several veggies and try more and more. I found out I loooove steamed broccoli and steamed carrots. I hate green beans no matter what you do to them! I like lettus and fresh spinach leaves. I'm ambivelent about asperigus.

So I understand people not liking veggies. However, I came into this life change knowing I was going to have to tolerate them. Luckily, there is usually a way I can prepare them to my liking!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:38 PM

It's not that I don't want to try healthy options...i honestly can not STAND most veggies.  Almost all of them have a soapy or bitter taste, so much to the point that I gag unless they are loaded with something to cover the flavor.  Which, in that case, it's just better to eat some fruit...

I absolutely can not STAND them...blech. 

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Don't give up hun, look for recipes on how to do them different

Quoting katzmeow726:

It's not that I don't want to try healthy options...i honestly can not STAND most veggies.  Almost all of them have a soapy or bitter taste, so much to the point that I gag unless they are loaded with something to cover the flavor.  Which, in that case, it's just better to eat some fruit...

I absolutely can not STAND them...blech. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittanyjenean
by on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I always mix veggies in with dinner.  Like this evening, I made mashed potatoes, but I boiled some yellow squash, stuck it in the blender and pureed it.  I then mixed it in with the mashed potatoes and added a little bit of cheese to throw DD and DH off.  I'm the only one who willingly eats veggies, so I have to sneak them into the food.

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM
My husband won't eat most. He'll eat mushrooms, yams, and broccolli, but a lot of stuff he turns his nose up at. I eat the ones I like more often, then the ones I'm not fond of are only eaten on occasion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)