Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

which would you prefer?

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:02 AM
  • 8 Replies
Zumba or P90x? I have really been slacking on exercising and need to get back into doing it. I want to lose at least 50 by my 5th anniversary which isn't until March.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kimmaylove013
by Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Both!
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Well, since I'm rhythmically challenged- no Zumba.. I can't dance so I don't think I would enjoy it. 

P90X- I hate weights and it bored me to death since I found it to be slow.. I have done the whole program and it is a good program for beginners, but I had already done Insanity so it was too easy for me. 

I prefer Insanity, but it is super tough and not for beginners. 

It really depends on what you want from a program.. Zumba is going to be cardio since it is dancing.. X is 3 days of weights, 2 days of cardio and 1 day of Yoga and you need a pull up bar, and either 4 sets of weights or bands. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:10 PM
P90x would be my choice of the 2. I don't like dancing workouts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dereksmom09
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM
So I'm going to have to buy more stuff if I do the P90x then? I like to dance I'm not the best at it though.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Well, since I'm rhythmically challenged- no Zumba.. I can't dance so I don't think I would enjoy it. 

P90X- I hate weights and it bored me to death since I found it to be slow.. I have done the whole program and it is a good program for beginners, but I had already done Insanity so it was too easy for me. 

It really depends on what you want from a program.. Zumba is going to be cardio since it is dancing.. X is 3 days of weights, 2 days of cardio and 1 day of Yoga and you need a pull up bar, and either 4 sets of weights or bands. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Zumba :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jun. 30, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Quoting dereksmom09:

So I'm going to have to buy more stuff if I do the P90x then? I like to dance I'm not the best at it though.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yes...

You will need 4 sets of free weights or bands as well as a pull up bar. It is essential to have those things if you are going to do X since it is a weight based program. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.. I'm a graduate and a coach. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Shanavan
by Shana on Jun. 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Zumba
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jun. 30, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I will say Zumba...I'm definitely challenged in that area but it has to be more fun than P90X...I tried that and hated it!  LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)