Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

OT: If you've ever broken your foot-

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM
  • 6 Replies
This is an OT question, but since the group stays so busy with so many members, I thought I would try asking here. I broke my 5th metatarsal about 4 weeks ago. I am in a removable boot and have to use crutches. I had a lot of swelling at first, but of course it went down. The only spot I had swelling still was at the break spot. Yesterday was a regular day and last night I noticed my whole foot was swollen. Right now it is semi-painful with some extra swelling and it usually isn't in the morning. Is this something I should be concerned about? I have a doctors appointment on July 9th to get more X-rays, but should I address this before than? I dont want to be a worry wart but I am scared I'll end up having to have surgery. On my last X-ray I had a fairly large gap in the break and she was worried it wouldn't heal together. Aack! Ok, so I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this type of break.

I actually broke it exercising, so it is related to this board in a way, I would think lol. Thanks for any responses!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaKarrot
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:25 PM

LOL this is on topic, IMO. :)

I would think if you've been taking care of it and you have a change in condition for the worse, you should at least call the Dr, you know?  I would if it were me.  I've never broken my foot though, so I don't know.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:54 PM
No experience but here's a bump for ya!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:46 PM
If the swelling was down and then it has returned and you haven't done anything differently you need to call the doctor. It could be a number of things but it sounds like something might have moved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ConnorMom228
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Definitely get it checked as soon as possible. You could have inadvertently hurt it more, maybe in your sleep, if you didn't have the boot on. You need at least 6 weeks to heal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherinmichael
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Thanks ladies! Oh man I am so nervous. I actually wear the boot sleeping and only take it off to shower. I didn't put any weight on it yesterday or the day before so I am worried. I will definetly call the doctor tomorrow. Thank you again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Let us know what happens! :(

Quoting cherinmichael:

Thanks ladies! Oh man I am so nervous. I actually wear the boot sleeping and only take it off to shower. I didn't put any weight on it yesterday or the day before so I am worried. I will definetly call the doctor tomorrow. Thank you again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)