Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Just need to vent I guess

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

Well I have not been on Cafemom in about 2 years; wow has it changed...But for the good!

I am starting a diet and workout tomorrow! I have not put myself first since my DD was born 5 year ago. I have 3 children and I homeschool and I guess I just forgot about me. I have had some minor health issues the past 2 years and I guess that just opened my eyes. I looked in the mirror and saw a woman with 20 extra pounds and  I just thought "wow, what happened to me? WHen did I forget to take care of myself?" So now here I am a little bummed out and needing to lose weight.  I am going to do a healthy low card diet just because my Dr says that with the thyroid problem I have that most do not metabalize carbs well, SOOOOOO here I go first thing in the morning. I know I will feel better and I know I will have more confidence in myself.

I guess this is a time I am going to be a bit selfish and do this for me. I love my DH and my kids but this has to be for me.

I am here because I loved cafemom before and I know that there are sweet caring people on here, I cannot wait to get reaquainted....

Love to all

Shannon

S

by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MissElissa21
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Welcome back! I am Melissa. It's good that you talked to your doctor about a diet change! You will get used to the changes and so will your family. I found it a lot easier to stick with healthy food choices when the whole family was on board. It's going well. I hope you find some more time to yourself to get to know yourself. I found that Yoga really helped me get in touch with what I needed in my life and eliminate the things I didn't need. Good luck on your journey!

katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TBSNBubblegum
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Welcome back! I know I went in phases with surfing cafemom and it seems like whenever I came back I was greeted by a lot of warm women. Hope you find what you're looking for. And that you get all the help you need here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Good for you for making yourself a priority! :) Best of luck on your weight loss journey!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Jul. 2, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Welcome! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blackoceanveiw
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Welcome n good luck. U can do this momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Go, you!!

You need to take care of yourself, so you have what you need to care for others. Fill your own bucket!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Welcome to the group!  Good luck mama!

Shalimariah
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I am starting to exercise again too and have gone in spurts with it over the years.  Yesterday I did 50 minutes on the elliptical and it was good.  I am starting nice and easy as I am out overweight and haven't been exercising in some time.  It's a new month and yesterday I realized it was time for a new beginning.  Luckily I bought an elliptical several years ago so mine is in my living room.  It used to be lined up with the TV so I could watch as I exercised.  That was awesome and I did really well.  Then when the living room got rearranged it wasn't where I could watch TV any more so I stopped for awhile.  Talked to my hubby about it and he said... "Oh, so let's get you a little flat screen to hang on the wall above the machine so you can watch TV again while you are exercising.  So then I did more for awhile and that was good.  Anyway, here I go again!!!  I feel better when I exercise... it's good to get the blood moving and all that.  GOOD LUCK and WELCOME BACK!!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)