Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
that i may be creating some kind of disorder. Yikes. i dont know how else to call it. I have lost a lot of weight. i am from a 22 to an 18, everyone says the can see the difference. But i cant. i still see the giant blob of fat that i have looked at everyday. i do not see where i have lost.
it is worring me. and on a good side makes me work harder but i fear that this complex wont change.
hope some one understands this and is able to help.
thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 4:56 PM
Replies (11-19):
Reankanesmom
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I've lost 108 lbs and still going (still have a good 20-40 lbs to go) and I still see this person who was bigger. I even had a tummy tuck 9 weeks ago to remove the extra skin and still do not see the full effect. I was told it would take a while to see the new me and to keep on making sure I look at myself.

randomosityblog
by on Jul. 3, 2012 at 11:17 PM

To be honest, there isn't much of a difference between a 22 and an 18 IMO. I was a 24 when I started, I'm almost to an 18, and I've lost a little but not a ton. If you get down to a size 12 and are still feeling the same, I'd say that's an issue.. but at an 18, I still see how big I am and there's nothing wrong with that. At a size 18 you're still obese, to be honest... so it's logical to see "fat". KWIM?

connorsmom1977
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Quoting nangel4u:

me too mama

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

connorsmom1977
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting randomosityblog:

To be honest, there isn't much of a difference between a 22 and an 18 IMO. I was a 24 when I started, I'm almost to an 18, and I've lost a little but not a ton. If you get down to a size 12 and are still feeling the same, I'd say that's an issue.. but at an 18, I still see how big I am and there's nothing wrong with that. At a size 18 you're still obese, to be honest... so it's logical to see "fat". KWIM?

for me, going fronm a 24 to an 18 took 70 lbs loss so it is a big difference. My mom has lost abt 70 lbs too but has gone from sz 22 to sz 12 or so & says she still sees the old her in her head but knows that's not reality. What helps when I start feeling that way is to look at pics of me before I started losing weight. Yes I still see the old me & might always but seeing & comparing pics vs. the mirror is a huge difference

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I agree with these ladies.  I have definitely struggled with this myself, and I've gone from a 22 to a 10 (SO close to an 8 now!!).  It took FOREVER to really see changes, and even still, I see my belly that needs to go down and other issues I hope to "fix" through more weight loss.  You are DEFINITELY NOT ALONE, mama.  NOT a disorder at all, but rather, a normal part of weight loss!  Don't ya wish it was easier for us to really see the positive changes we're making??  I think honestly part of it is our culture here in the US- we're so focused on the negative, especially when it comes to our bodies.  Plus, we're "supposed" to be so skinny, according to the media, that even when we do lose significant amounts of weight, if we don't fit into the boxes that we see presented everywhere, we still feel like we've failed.  Such a great society we've created!  Do what you can to focus on what you DO see that's changed- how do you feel?  More energy?  Look at the 1 in the front of your size #!  Keeping up with the kids better?

Some days, I do well now.  I'm happy with how my legs are looking, and I like the way my waist looks sucked in sometimes now.  I also love seeing muscle tone in my arms (I can see the different heads of my deltoids now!), I don't have to count my chins every morning (a joke I used to make about my yucky face fat), and I certainly feel amazing.

It does get better to some degree as you go, but what you are going through is definitely normal!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Elise_Gurrola
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM
congrats on the weightloss

Quoting Reankanesmom:

I've lost 108 lbs and still going (still have a good 20-40 lbs to go) and I still see this person who was bigger. I even had a tummy tuck 9 weeks ago to remove the extra skin and still do not see the full effect. I was told it would take a while to see the new me and to keep on making sure I look at myself.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elise_Gurrola
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
this is the what i have lost this year i was a size 26/28 4 yrs ago and that is the women i am still seeing. it may not seem much to you but i havent been an 18 for over 10yrs.

Quoting randomosityblog:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elise_Gurrola
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM
thats what i started doing. its a great reminder of who i once was and who i am now. i lost 24lbs to be an 18. not as much as you congrats on the 70lbs. i have no idea how much in total i have lost in the past 4 years but i was a lot bigger.

Quoting connorsmom1977:

Quoting randomosityblog:

for me, going fronm a 24 to an 18 took 70 lbs loss so it is a big difference. My mom has lost abt 70 lbs too but has gone from sz 22 to sz 12 or so & says she still sees the old her in her head but knows that's not reality. What helps when I start feeling that way is to look at pics of me before I started losing weight. Yes I still see the old me & might always but seeing & comparing pics vs. the mirror is a huge difference

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elise_Gurrola
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 3:16 PM
ty and you are right we all need to focus on the positive that we have done. and until you pointed it out i am in the teens. holy moly lol it just never dawnws on me that i am out of the 20s. thanks again.

Quoting musicpisces:

I agree with these ladies.  I have definitely struggled with this myself, and I've gone from a 22 to a 10 (SO close to an 8 now!!).  It took FOREVER to really see changes, and even still, I see my belly that needs to go down and other issues I hope to "fix" through more weight loss.  You are DEFINITELY NOT ALONE, mama.  NOT a disorder at all, but rather, a normal part of weight loss!  Don't ya wish it was easier for us to really see the positive changes we're making??  I think honestly part of it is our culture here in the US- we're so focused on the negative, especially when it comes to our bodies.  Plus, we're "supposed" to be so skinny, according to the media, that even when we do lose significant amounts of weight, if we don't fit into the boxes that we see presented everywhere, we still feel like we've failed.  Such a great society we've created!  Do what you can to focus on what you DO see that's changed- how do you feel?  More energy?  Look at the 1 in the front of your size #!  Keeping up with the kids better?

Some days, I do well now.  I'm happy with how my legs are looking, and I like the way my waist looks sucked in sometimes now.  I also love seeing muscle tone in my arms (I can see the different heads of my deltoids now!), I don't have to count my chins every morning (a joke I used to make about my yucky face fat), and I certainly feel amazing.

It does get better to some degree as you go, but what you are going through is definitely normal!  =)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)