Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

3 (almost 4) weeks in...

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM
  • 7 Replies

Well, I've been using SparkPeople and drinking water, eating healthy, counting calories (and staying in range) and doing a bit of Wii Zumba (though not enough).

I'm feeling discouraged though.  I was hoping to lose more inches but it just seems to be taking forever.

So far I've lost 6 pounds and 1/2" from waist, 1" from hips, 1" from thighs and 1" from upper arms.

Is this normal?  Or should it be dropping faster if I'm doing all the right things??

The only part of me that looks slightly different is my face - looks less 'double-chinny'.  But my clothes fit exactly the same, etc.  :(

by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
aprilsalcro
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:22 PM
2 moms liked this

You just started , weight loss taked time. Maybe change up your workout.

aprilsalcro
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 1:33 PM
Takes ^
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaidensMom2007
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM

"Well, I've been using SparkPeople and drinking water, eating healthy, counting calories (and staying in range) and doing a bit of Wii Zumba (though not enough)."

I think you answered your own question right here... you will get more out of it if you put more in it!  

Ashmom614
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I think maybe continue to work out some more (I know it's hard!) But I think 6lbs in a month is a GREAT start. I know we always focus on that darned scale and number, but we all carry weight differently. I can tell you from experience, that I have been 30lbs lighter than I am right now and I STILL fit into the SAME stinking size pants (of course they were much looser than and probably a little too tight now)

Just know this takes time. And don't EVER give up!! Good luck :)

TBSNBubblegum
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 3:09 PM
I've only lost 2 pounds. But I haven't measured anything. Just know my arms look less flabby and my shorts aren't as snug as they were. But I am going on week 4 too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Sounds like excellent progress for under a month :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 9:18 PM
2 pounds a week is considered great so 2×3= 6 I would say you are doing well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN