Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

fat girl mind

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM
  • 6 Replies

anyone else have fat girl head  meaning you still see yourself as the fat girl or you still have a strong love of food,

i swear i have fat girl head, i still see the old me an i crave donuts lol while i havent fallen off the wagon or gained any weight back lol ,

how do you get rid of it?

by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
aidyns_mommy
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Bumping for you, cus I am still the fat girl. Keep at it mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
creoletexan
by Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Yes! I used to have dreams I gained it all back. I couldn't actually believe I was a normal size, so I was buying clothes slightly larger than what I should be wearing. I would buy a Large when i am a medium or buy a size 12 when i am a 10. It didn't click until I realized I was the same size as a girl that I deemed normal size. It gets better, now I live to dress up and i still love good food, I just run more and eat in moderation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole2884
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Quoting creoletexan:

Yes! I used to have dreams I gained it all back. I couldn't actually believe I was a normal size, so I was buying clothes slightly larger than what I should be wearing. I would buy a Large when i am a medium or buy a size 12 when i am a 10. It didn't click until I realized I was the same size as a girl that I deemed normal size. It gets better, now I live to dress up and i still love good food, I just run more and eat in moderation.

you sound exactly like me, i cant not even freaking believe i fit in size 10 i have never ever been a 10 an a medium , an would have never ever imagined i get here

an i know the fat girl vision is totally off base but i cant help it

creoletexan
by Member on Jul. 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM
I know what you mean. I'm 28, but I had been overweight/obese for 25 of those years, so it's hard changing the way you see yourself after seeing yourself as a big girl for so long. I just takes a lot of positive reinforcement and shopping to get used to it. I donated all my larger clothes because I refused to go back, another excuse to go shopping. I used to be ashamed and would order my clothes exclusively online. Now, I'm comfortable going in the store and trying on clothes and parading in front of the mirror until my husband looks at me strange lol

Quoting nicole2884:

Quoting creoletexan:

you sound exactly like me, i cant not even freaking believe i fit in size 10 i have never ever been a 10 an a medium , an would have never ever imagined i get here

an i know the fat girl vision is totally off base but i cant help it

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Yes... and I haven't figured out how to get rid of it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Quoting Threes.Company:

Yes... and I haven't figured out how to get rid of it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN