Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it in my head?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM
  • 12 Replies
i found this group about a month ago and decided it was time to begin a journey to a new me. I just bought a scale today so i havent weighed myself but emotionally i feel better about myself already! But my husband seems determined to wreck my lifestyle change. He has suddenly started to bring me home sodas, cappicinos, Candy bars, chips and so on, then when i dont eat it he gets mad at me! Why cant he understand that i need to do this for ME! I dont work out when hes home, he says i dont need to lose weight because hes ok with my body! Well at 217lbs im not ok with my body. I just dont know how to make him understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
km1970
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM

that's a tough one...it could be he is insecure about your wanting to change...maybe approach it as not only do you want to feel better about your body, but you want to be able to live a long healthy life with him..

Jace1028
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Since having lost 50 pounds, my husband has become very insecure. It's something they all go through and once he sees that you feel better about yourself, hopefully he'll be more happy for you. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mellissa726
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:38 PM
i wish he would do this with me he also is overweight but he wont change anything he just complains about he only eats junk food and drinks over a gallon of dr pepper everyday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:24 AM

We can't change them, unfortunately.  DH lives on Diet Coke and strawberry yogurt, and he basically refuses to exercise.  So I feel ya.  Luckily he stopped bringing too much crap into the house.

I agree that it's likely an insecure thing.  Reassure him that you love him no matter what, and that you're not going anywhere.  I still love DH as much as I did 100+ lbs ago (probably more).  He says that if we were to meet now, I'd be out of his league!  LOL  But he's stuck with me!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Silvertears1275
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:16 AM

It almost never fails that when I make a really healthy grocery list and I'm all excited about all the healthy foods that will bein the house that my  husband decides to "help" me by doing the grocery shopping and we have a week of nothing but junk food. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 10, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Well said:)

Quoting musicpisces:

We can't change them, unfortunately.  DH lives on Diet Coke and strawberry yogurt, and he basically refuses to exercise.  So I feel ya.  Luckily he stopped bringing too much crap into the house.

I agree that it's likely an insecure thing.  Reassure him that you love him no matter what, and that you're not going anywhere.  I still love DH as much as I did 100+ lbs ago (probably more).  He says that if we were to meet now, I'd be out of his league!  LOL  But he's stuck with me!

Mrs.Ro
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM

It seems that becuase you are wanting to do this., He might not want to change and him knowing that you want to .. he might think well she might want me to and i don't want to .. so that might be a battle. but i am going to hope it works out for you and he understands , that you just want to feel happy with your self. :)

Good Luck momma!

itsm3
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:47 PM

honestly, just don't eat the food and do it FOR YOU.  we have all sorts of stuff in this house but i pay no mind to it.  

EiuGirl316
by Leah on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:04 AM

If I were you, I'd be fighting to do the grocery shopping myself. :-P 

Quoting Silvertears1275:

It almost never fails that when I make a really healthy grocery list and I'm all excited about all the healthy foods that will bein the house that my  husband decides to "help" me by doing the grocery shopping and we have a week of nothing but junk food. 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Silvertears1275
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Oh, normally I do the shopping.  And if he does go, it's usually when I'm at work and he has the kids.... so it doesn't happen often.  One trip to the store with 3 kids under 8 years old cures him of his need to "help" for a while =)

Quoting EiuGirl316:

If I were you, I'd be fighting to do the grocery shopping myself. :-P 

Quoting Silvertears1275:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)