Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

NSV (measurement victory)

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:08 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

I started my measurements in December of 2011. I have randomly done measurements since. I took my measurements just now and since I have started Crossfit in April of this year I have lost a total of 16.25 inches (total!) Since my last set of measurements (one month) I haven't had much time to excersise due to injuries, weddings and other life obstacles. So in 4 weeks and 2 days I lost 3.25 inches (total).

I have a hard time loosing weight because my scale never moves, to this day it still irritates me BUT my measurements are changing like crazy! For those who are stuck on the scale buy a measuring tape for $2-3 from Walmart. You'll be so happy you did! You CAN see progress this way (and when you've had a bad month)

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Yay! I'm glad you are seeing changes! You reminded me I need to use my CrossFit Groupon...

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

nlonnon
by Tasha on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM
That is awesome. Good job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Great job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Do it! I'd love to hear what you think :) It is literally changing my life in ways a gym membership and personal trainer could not.

Quoting musicpisces:

Yay! I'm glad you are seeing changes! You reminded me I need to use my CrossFit Groupon...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I definitely need to!  I've heard nothing but good things.  My brother and his wife have done it and loved it!  Great results.  I'm trying to get off what I can in the next 6 weeks, before I start my nursing program.

Quoting ballerina.2006:

Do it! I'd love to hear what you think :) It is literally changing my life in ways a gym membership and personal trainer could not.

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

asaffell
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Awesome! I love measurements, the scale is a lying bish.

AviannasMama
by Member on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:11 AM
I've been lurking for a while and finally have to ask--what does NSV stand for!?! I've been trying to figure it out for weeks! Sorry!
1sttimemom2011
by on Jul. 14, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Non Scale Victory... anything that doesn't involve a scale. :) like losing inches or fitting into a smaller jean size, etc

Quoting AviannasMama:

I've been lurking for a while and finally have to ask--what does NSV stand for!?! I've been trying to figure it out for weeks! Sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)