Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

New :) doing insanity but what else?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM
  • 2 Replies
I'm new here :) I just had my second baby 2days shy of 1month ago, I'm on day 4 of insanity and eating 5 times a day only 1,200 calories right now I'm 5'3 142 and my goal is to be 120 as that's where I'm comfortable. What other program is good to do with insanity ? My husband is deployed to Afghanistan right now and could possibly be back in 3months i really want to be in shape by then. I have a two year old an newborn so it's hard to get much done during the day but I also want to build up to jogging I was looking at the couch to 5k program.

If anyone has done insanity please share your results or story :) also if anyone has done the couch to 5k I'd love to hear about it, and if anyone has any other good success with ways to lose this weight in 3months throw me your suggestions I need to tone up a lot and I love insanity it surely is kicking my butt ;p I want an evening program to try :) also I did get the ok from my dr to workout and run, etc as I'm completely healed and doing well :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
nlonnon
by Tasha on Jul. 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Couch to 5k is great and I have done it 3 times. I would caution that only eating 1200 is not enough fuel for your body and you might hit a plateau.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 11, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Have you read the nutrition plan for Insanity? I can guarantee that 1200 is too little doing Insanity. Month 2 is much more difficult than month 1 and that is not enough fuel. 

If you give me your age, I will be happy to do your BMR for you. If you are planning on adding something to Insanity ( which I caution against since it is a 6 day intense program and you are newly PP), I would definitely get your BMR done since you will end up going into starvation mode. Also, if you are BFing you need many more calories than 1200 daily. 

I'm a graduate of many Beachbody programs and a runner so I highly recommend Insanity as well as running. If you are a beginner to running, c25K is the way to go. Not many people can go out just start running so c25K is a very good beginner plan. 

I lost 12 lbs and 2" while doing Insanity. I will tell you that losing 22 lbs in 3 months is a tall order. That averages out to 7.3 lbs per month. It can be done, but you need to eat enough to do so. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)