Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm melting! ;) My weightloss journal.

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM
  • 296 Replies
10 moms liked this

Starting weight:  267
Height:  5'7"
Goal weight:  150(ish)

My current weight loss/fitness goals:

(37 before 37) Dec 6 - 230 Did not meet (boo....)

Walk Little Rock Half-Marathon in March 2013 Done!

Complete C25k finished (not with the program at the end, but I did run a 5k!)

RUN Soaring Wings Half-Marathon in October 2013

To be under 200 by Dec. 6, 2013

RUN Little Rock Half-Marathon March 2014

The Warrior Dash (probably May) 2014

Conquer the Guantlet (probably September) 2014

February 2012... 270 lbs

May 2013, 230 lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ama1987
by Member on Jul. 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

You can do it!! That's a good way to be motivated...37 by 37!

Good luck!!!

aprilsalcro
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetlilM
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Adalee
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Keep us posted! Starting is the hardest part! Let momentum carry you! Enjoy the journey!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Weigh in:  264  =/

Well, that sucked.  I think it's really a combination of things - I didn't eat all that great yesterday and had quite a bit of sodium, not enough water, plus it's that time of the month.  I know I didn't actually do 3.5 lbs worth of damage over the weekend, so I'm sure that will go away as quickly as it showed up (hopefully).  As much as I'd like to pretend I didn't weigh in and just ignore the scale, I'm not going to let it discourage me.  I'm just going to track it and move on.

Today is a day off from my workouts.  I do plan on doing a little yoga with my 6 yo and maybe we'll talke a little family walk this afternoon.

Silvertears1275
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 7:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Weigh in:  261!

I figured most of my gain was just water weight. 

Yesterday I did about 30 minutes of yoga with two of my kids and we walked about a mile... very slow pace.  I did really well with my calorie goal and only drank water after my one cup of coffee. 

Today we'll do yoga again and I'll do 30 minutes of something after the girls go to bed.  I haven't decided what I'm in the mood for today.  =)

Silvertears1275
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 7:23 AM
2 moms liked this

Weigh in:  259

Now, THAT is what I wanted to see Monday =)  10 more pounds and I don't have to say "I have 100+lbs to lose."  That's exciting because it just sounds so daunting to have that much to lose.

Yesterday I was within my calorie range and I did a 30 minute Leslie Sansone 2 mi walk.  We didn't do yoga.... we spent all afternoon out and about.  I didn't get as much sleep as usual Monday night, so I really felt it during my workout.  I felt like a slug, but I pushed through. Hopefully tonight I'll be more energetic.  I feel really good this morning =)

Silvertears1275
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Weigh in:  259.5

I'm very proud of myself.  The work out I tried yesterday had about a million jump ropes and jumping jacks.  I usually wimp out on those pretty quickly.  But I did almost every single one last night.  I was so stoked.  The instructor would say we're about to start another set of jumping jacks and I was all like "bring it on."  Then he threw in squat thrusts and mountain climbers and I called him ugly names.  Not quite ready for those yet, but I DID JUMPING JACKS.  =)

Silvertears1275
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Weigh in:  259.5

That's my last weigh in until Monday.  I weigh at work on the medical scale.

Yesterday I was in a really aggitated mood off and on all day and my eating reflected that.  I didn't go way over on calories somehow, but I just wanted to eat junk.  I did a Kundalini yoga workout, and I didn't even break a sweat... but it's more a mental thing anyway and I needed it.  However, I do feel it in my hips and I imagine my arms later in the day.

I'm going to concentrate this weekend on keeping up with my water and trying to come out of the weekend with a loss, no matter how small.  Normally I'm up on Mondays.  Don't want that.  =)

Silvertears1275
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 8:35 AM

After my workout Friday night and yoga yesterday morning, there is not a muscle on my body this isn't screaming at me.  Good thing today and Monday are my off days workout-wise.  I'm not complaining... I'd rather wake up stiff and sore from a good workout than stiff and sore because I've been a slug.  I may try to get a walk in after the girls go to bed.  I need to concentrate on water today... weekends seem to be a lot harder for me.  I'm hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow, although Mondays have been pretty disappointing since weighing almost daily.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)