Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

nervous

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM
  • 9 Replies
We plan on going camping this weekend. I am nervous I will gain. We will be doing some hiking and swimming, but still afraid that I will lose control and eat to much or way to unhealthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Firemanswife723
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Positive thoughts girl!! Try not to focus on *thinking* you'll mess up because then you will!! Keep reinforcing how great you have been doing and that no amount of "bad" food this weekend is worth the guilt Monday morning (or whenever you get home). You can do it!!!! =) Good luck and have fun!

Silvertears1275
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Make sure you have plenty of healthy options for yourself and try to remember why you're doing this. Good luck!

LindaClement
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I always find that being outdoors the whole time uses up a lot more calories than 'regular' life... so I wouldn't fret about it.

Take healthy food. There is no reason to eat garbage just because you're in the woods...

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:14 PM

You can do this!  Stay strong, limit the s'mores (I know they're my downfall!!), and go enjoy doing those active things!!  Relax and enjoy yourself!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:36 AM

Great advice...totally agree here!

Quoting LindaClement:

I always find that being outdoors the whole time uses up a lot more calories than 'regular' life... so I wouldn't fret about it.

Take healthy food. There is no reason to eat garbage just because you're in the woods...

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:12 AM

A couple of days is not going to completely derail what you are doing. I promise...it is when you make it a habit that it becomes an issue. 

Stay positive and it will influence your thinking this weekend. Have fun! 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

nlonnon
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Enjoy your trip.  I'm guessing you'll be taking your own food with you, so just make sure it is healthy thing and you'll do just fine!

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Just don't overdo it and you should be good.  Don't weigh in for a few days after you get back to give some time for any bloating to go away.  On vacation, I "gained" 6 lbs but then it was gone within a week.  We were really active on vacation but the foods weren't the usual so I gained a lot of bloat.  ;)

AmandaLacy
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Thanks everyone. My hubby still isn't sure he wants to go. So who knows what will happen lol. I am 3lbs away from my first goal of 10lbs. Hoping I can get it by the 27th.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN