Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

What to do?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

One of the major things that kick-started my weight loss journey was my sister asking me to go to a yoga class with her on Saturdays.  I totally fell in love with yoga, and while I enjoy it at home, it's a completely different vibe in the class setting and that's a big part of why I love it.

Well, my sister told me she has to give up the class for the time being.  Bummer.  There is no reason I can't go alone, other than the fact that it's a lot easier for me to get up and going when someone else is depending on me.  But, of course, I can continue the class.

However... I really enjoy spending that time with my sister and we could always go out for a walk during that time as well.  With mine and my husband's schedules, getting to do something outside the house without the kids is very limited, so I really do have to choose. 

Hey, at least I'm having a dilemma over WHICH physical activity I want to do instead of whether or not to do anything ;)

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a tough one!  Maybe try alternating for a couple of weeks, and see which one makes you happiest?  Or keep alternating?

Glad you get to do something active that you enjoy either way!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 19, 2012 at 5:25 AM

I agree with Suzanne...alternate and see what you like better!  Good luck!

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:11 AM

I'd probably find something I could do with my sister that was active.  Going for a walk or rollerblading or something.  time with loved ones is definitely important too.  good luck choosing!  :)

mom2boyz8811
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Could you get together and do yoga? I'm a yoga lover too but have never had enough discipline to sustain a practice long term. I always feel great when I am doing it. I enjoy classes the best but there are some good videos out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)