Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Im a little confused

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

Today is my first day on the body by vi weight loss program ( i am not doing the challenge).

Anyways a friend of mine who is doing it told me that celery and peanut butter is a good snack.

So i made up some thins morning and i looked at the peanut butter lable and 2 tablespoons is 200 calories. That seemed like a lot to me. Am i looking at that wrong? Cause it seems like eating 200 calories in 2 tbs of peanut butter and celery is going to use up a lot of calories . That is just for a snack.

Am i looking at it wrong. I am not good at counting calories yet. LOL

Anytips and advice for good snacks and lunch ideas are appreciated.

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kimmaylove013
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM
She might use a natural peanut butter, if your are using jif or something it's packed with sugar.
ConnorMom228
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Celery doesn't really have any calories to it. It's water an fiber. So as a snack it's fine. Maybe try to find a lower fat/calorie peanut butter to use tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaceyrayesmom
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I checked the label on the paenut butters that our store had, and they all had from 190-200 calories per serving. Even the one that said natural on it. I guess i will just have to watch and see how much i am consuming for the total day and learn as i go.

itsm3
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:12 PM

the way insanity sets it up (just to put things in perspective) is that you can use snacks as "food blocks" to hit your caloric target for weight loss or weight gain.

for example, their menu plan contains suggestions for 5 meals a day; each about 300 calories for a total of 1500 calories / day.  then they have a separate area called "food blocks" that have snacks of 100 or 200 calories.  at 1500/day, that's pretty low for the insanity program and depending on your caloric intake for weight loss/gain, you just eat the food blocks of either 100 or 200 calories to make up the difference.  

i think a 200 calorie snack is perfectly acceptable if yo'ure working out and again, depends on  your BMR.  i've had 1 piece of whole wheat bread with natural peanut butter as a 200cals snack.  

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)