Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

60 in 60?!?!

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:43 PM
  • 36 Replies

Hello. I joined this group awhile back but got off track. I'm back!!! DH and I just started Insanity last night. I barely got through the fit test and because of a pulled muscle, couldn't even do the last three exercises at all.

So, I'm wondering if my goal is a bit overreaching? I'm 5'6" and currently weigh 210. My goal weight is 150. Am I asking too much of myself?

If you think I can do it, what are some tips that you could pass along from your success?

-Take me as I am or watch me as I go -

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
60 lbs in 60 days? That's a bit much. Healthy weightloss is 1-2 lbs a week. Better to set small goals to reach at intervals of times. 20 lbs in 60 days might be more realistic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

It took me a year to lose 50 pounds.  A pound a day is unhealthy and not realistic. (if that's what you are talking about)  But in 60 days you could easily lose 20 and get tons of endurance to get through Insanity a little more easily. :)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I agree- I think 60 lbs in 60 days is a lot to expect, especially when you're not incredibly obese (by that I mean 400+ lbs, where that might be more feasible).  I think 20 lbs might be a stretch, even, but more reasonable.  I've been on my journey for over 2 years, and I've been losing at a rate of about 45 lbs a year (103 lbs down so far).

Good luck with Insanity!  Many moms in here have used it with great success!  I'd love to do it one of these days!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

LindaClement
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

60 pounds in 60 days? Impossible (and extremely dangerous)... 60 pounds in 60 weeks? Totally possible, and a very good idea, too.

reneawesley
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:39 PM
I agree with the other ladies. Good luck!
DannieLou
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:17 AM
I thought it was possible, but I'm not that large. With a smaller total goal, slower is better? I'm new to this. I never paid much attention as I stayed in the same size range. Now I'm a lot larger than I ever was even pregnant. This is the first time I've had this much to lose.

Quoting musicpisces:

I agree- I think 60 lbs in 60 days is a lot to expect, especially when you're not incredibly obese (by that I mean 400+ lbs, where that might be more feasible).  I think 20 lbs might be a stretch, even, but more reasonable.  I've been on my journey for over 2 years, and I've been losing at a rate of about 45 lbs a year (103 lbs down so far).

Good luck with Insanity!  Many moms in here have used it with great success!  I'd love to do it one of these days!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VintageWife
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I'm 5'7" and 207. My goal weight is 132-135. I do think you are wanting to lose too fast but not too much.

DannieLou
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:00 AM
I'm just wondering what I could realistically expect from my body since I'm doing Insanity. I'm coming from no activity to 6 days a week of torture! Lol I have no clue what I would look like at your goal weight. My numbers don't matter a whole lot to me in the end. If I'm smaller, firmer and can walk up my stairs without feeling like I'm going to pass out...I reached a huge milestone. I want to be able to actually play with my kids before they get too old to play! :)

Quoting VintageWife:

I'm 5'7" and 207. My goal weight is 132-135. I do think you are wanting to lose too fast but not too much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Realistic and healthy lose is 8 to 10 pounds a month or 1 to 2 pounds a week. 

steffers96
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Welcome back!!!

To be perfectly honest, I don't think that's a healthy goal. The average healthy weight loss (according to my dr) is MAX of 2lbs per week. I'm doing Insanity myself right now as well - I'm in the 2nd week of month 2 - I've only lost 6.5lbs since starting Insanity, BUT, I've lost 18 inches overall, which for me, has been 2 pant sizes and 2 bra sizes. I began my healthy lifestyle change back in February and I did the treadmill everyday, free weights a few days a week, and an abs workout I got on my iPod a few times a week. I lost 30lbs on my own by exercising and changing my eating habits.

Even if you were able to lose 2lbs per week, Insanity is technically a 9 week program (there is one week called Recovery Week - I find is strange they say it's a 60 day program when technically it's a 9 week program) but anyway, 9 weeks x 2lbs per week = 18lbs lost. Some people have lost 20-30lbs, but 60? I think you might have your hopes up a little bit too high.

My goal was to try to lose 5lbs - when I lost that 5lbs, I tried another 5lbs, and so on, and before I knew it, I'm down a bit over 37lbs currently. I've tried to lose weight before but when I told myself I had 50lbs to lose, I got too discouraged. My personal advise is baby steps. Insanity is only 66 days long - I think you should set a different goal - let's say, like 6 months, to lose 60 pounds. That would be 10lbs a month and although that is still high, it's still do-able. My friend was 80lbs overweight and was able to lose 55lbs in a little over 6 months. It IS possible, but you're really going to have to put yourself up against a wall - I'm just saying you might want to be more realistic in your goals so you're not disappointed and setting yourself up for failure.

My end goal is to be 130lbs - but Insanity builds muscle, so I haven't lost a lot of pounds per say, but inches I've lost quite a bit of - I'm pretty happy with my results - and I know that after Insanity is over, I'm still going to keep on going (the saying I keep hearing is that the last 10lbs are the hardest to lose) but I'm going to take a month off and then figure out which workout do do next - but I'm really not "taking it off" as in not working out - I LOVE my treadmill so I'm going to take a "scheduled workout break" and hang with my treadmill for about a month.

I wish you all the best of luck! The first week of Insanity was, for me, the worst. I was so very sore, but you know, you have a goal in mind, you push through the soreness and know that in the end, you'll have some awesome results!!!  :)

NOBODY EVER GOT AHEAD BY SITTING ON THEIR BEHIND!!

ONE HAPPILY MARRIED MOMMY!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)