Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I have to...

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:53 PM
  • 10 Replies
Stop counting calories for a little while. I'm getting super stressed and endlessly hungry...I think because I'm thinking about food too much. I'm shocked that after all this time counting I'm having such a hard time NOW. It's weird. But I need to stop thinking about it so much. So I have to stop counting for a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Dont' sweat it Les! We ALL have to make adjustments throughout our journey. If this is what you need to do, then do it! 

We still love you, even if you stop counting.. :-) 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jul. 21, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Thanks Claire <3
I'll still be here :)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Dont' sweat it Les! We ALL have to make adjustments throughout our journey. If this is what you need to do, then do it! 

We still love you, even if you stop counting.. :-) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 21, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Yep, I got the same point about a month ago...I don't count calories anymore as it just stresses me out and it's ALL I think about...NOT how I want to live my life at all!  Hugs mama!  I'm right with you!

km1970
by on Jul. 21, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I understand completely. I have been tracking here and there this week...I've done it long enough, it almost feels redundant to me. I have gotten pretty good at portions sizes and such and I know how my body feels when I've been eating right or when I've eaten enough...some days I am more hungry than others. I probably will see how it goes for a week or so without counting.

emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:30 PM
It is ok, every once in awhile, you need a break.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I think that's a sensible idea. 

Learn to reconnect with your own appetite. Recognize when you're hungry and eat what you're hungry for, until you're not hungry anymore.

Stop eating before you're 'full'... and eat again when you're hungry again (even if it's 30 minutes later). Sometimes you need more fuel, sometimes you need less. 

Learn to trust your body.

nlonnon
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Hugs! Just do what you need to! I have had weeks where I just need a mental break from all things weightloss!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Thanks ladies :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:18 PM

So true Linda!

Quoting LindaClement:

I think that's a sensible idea. 

Learn to reconnect with your own appetite. Recognize when you're hungry and eat what you're hungry for, until you're not hungry anymore.

Stop eating before you're 'full'... and eat again when you're hungry again (even if it's 30 minutes later). Sometimes you need more fuel, sometimes you need less. 

Learn to trust your body.

PinkButterfly66
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Cut out all bread and stuff made with flour and replace with fruit, veggies, meat.  You'll be surprised and happy when you start losing weight without counting calories.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN