Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

The Last 4 Months: Progress

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

I realize, I've basically been a lurker in hear and thought I would share a little more about my weight loss journey so far. It will be copied and pasted from my sparkpeople page. ;) It's be a little long, I apologize!

I've spent the last 5 years on a giant rollercoaster. After giving birth to my oldest son Duncan, I decided to get off my ass and lose some weight. I'd gotten up to 301lbs when pregnant, due to complications. I am a type one diabetic (have been since I was 12 and had pre eclampsia) Shortly after having him, I lost about 60lbs, just by shedding lots of water weight. I went on weight watchers and lost another 20lbs. I plateaued there for about 2 years. Then I made a New Years resolution, to get in shape. I went from 220 to 172. Then, I suffered a loss of a dear friend and went through some very rough times with my husband who I have been with since I was 16. Luckily we made it through it, stronger then ever. However..my motivation didn't. My weight crept up to 185. Then, I found out I was pregnant, I was happy but nervous about putting on a ton of weight again. In October of that year, my parents divorced after 25 years of marriage. My father's depression led him to attempt suicide, twice, once while on the telephone with me. I spent the next couple day in the ICU with him and then unfortunately 6 weeks in, I lost our baby. It was horrible. I then got up to 190lbs when I found out 6 months later, that I was pregnant again, now up to 195lbs. This time 7 weeks later, I lost our baby again. I was so scared and depressed, I couldn't get myself to workout. 2 Months later, I was pregnant again. I was at 220 when I got pregnant this time. I was scared to death of losing another baby. I became basically immobile. Luckily, I did not lose this 3rd child. I gave birth to my beautiful son Jasper on March 17th 2011. I am happy and grateful to have such a beautiful, happy and healthy child. At the end of my pregnancy, I weighed 286lbs, 3 months later, I am down to 266lbs. I lost that right away like I did the first time. Once again though..I am struggling to find the drive, strength and motivation, to do it again. I'm hoping, getting myself back here might be a step in the right direction. What seems to be a big hurdle for me right now is, my back is constantly hurting due to an old injury from when I was 14, I have no energy and I feel like I'm hungry, all the time. I don't know where to start anymore. By the time I'm awake enough to do anything, there are 10 other excuses or obstacles that keep me from doing it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~
UPDATE: 4/28/2012

I went about 90% vegan almost 2 months ago and my results have been amazing! Not only am I feeling great, more energized, confident and healthier but I have lost 26lbs!! I've been watching the sweets and processed foods as well and drinking lots of water. I am looking forward to updating this in another month or two!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE: 6/23/2012

Still vegan and still losing weight. I've been noticing a lot of changes and have been able to do lots of things I haven't for a long time. My back is getting better, which makes it much easier to workout. So far I am down 37lbs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TODAY:

Ok so here I am today, 40 lbs down. I'm pretty ecstatic with how far I have come, I've had many obstacles already but I am fighting against them this time, instead of giving up and that is huge for me. When I started 4 months ago I was at 267 and I am now at 226. I would like to one day be down to 160. I am 26years old and 5'7. I would love to have some muscle definition, I've never really had that. So that ismy long story short.. Though it wasn't really all that short, but I tried! lol So here are a few progress pix, mostly of my face.

The top pictures are from my 26th bday in December, but I was the same weight when I started and these were the photos that really kickstarted me, I thought I looked ok on that day..boy was I wrong.

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
nlonnon
by Tasha on Jul. 22, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Thanks for sharing! I am so sorry about the losses you had to endure! Congrats on your hard work getting the weight back off and good luck the rest of the way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emtgirl885
by Bronze Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Congratulations on the weight loss!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DuncansMommy
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Thanks so much!

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM

You have overcome a lot of obstacles and painful losses. :(

You look great!

DuncansMommy
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Thanks, I try to remind myself of that every time I think I'm not doing enough or not trying hard enough.

Owaoma
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Good job Mama. God is your strength. Each and every one in this group has gone through one thing or the other, or still going through something, don't be discouraged okay, you will be fine. God bless you and family. Be strong.
reesesami
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Congratulations! I can totally see the difference. You look fantastic! Keep up the good work!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DuncansMommy
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Thank you so much. <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)