Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

No sugar update and the 80/20 theory....

Posted by   + Show Post

Last week as many of you know, I opted to remove any sugar that was not found in fruit and processed carbs from my diet.  Day one was HELL.  After that though it got easier.  Friday (which was day seven) I had a snickers bar (stressed to the max) and OMG, I wanted to vomit!  Needless to say, sugars are tasting pretty funny to me!  I've noticed a major difference eliminating them from my diet.

As for the 80/20.  Many have heard it said in here that weight loss is 80% diet; 20% exercise.  Well, last week I did one whopping workout.  Some of it was because I didn't have time but a larger reason was because I wanted to really focus on getting the diet down right and not have to worry about anything else.  From monday to monday (those are my official days as part of a challenge (not sugar related)), I lost 3.1 pounds.  So, it goes to show just how important diet is.

Now I don't expect to lose 3 pounds from here on out as I know the first week will result in the most.  This week I'll add back in exercise and see what happens!

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Replies (11-19):
nlonnon
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Sure...tomorrow when I am on a real computer. Too me it isn't that impressive :)

Quoting Owaoma:

Good job Mama, can we see some b4 and after pics plssssss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:51 PM

That's great mama!

Dayna29
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I think I do 99% workout and less than 1% diet. lol I cut a lot out but I don't deprive myself. If I crave it then I should give myself some. Otherwise I'll eat everything in site and gain it back until I get what I crave. As I eat my left over wedding cake tonight (friend's wedding) I got a new swim suit today and got 3 sizes smaller than what I was wearing from last year. I found that if I make a lot of cakes for other people I don't eat them as much. lol I do remember cutting all sugar out of my diet when I was pregnant. I was so tired of drinking water. I started to drink Kool Aid with out sugar. And it tasted good! This was before they invented Splenda and you can't have aspertane when pregnant. At least not at that time. Not sure now. Congrats on losing the weight!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Awesome, Tasha!  I need to go back to no sugar- that worked well for me in the beginning!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MamaKarrot
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Congrats! This sounds like something I need to do.  I've been stuck for months and I haven't yet watched my sugars.

Ngm82
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Good job!! I am also tempted to try this..
nlonnon
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Quoting MamaKarrot:

Congrats! This sounds like something I need to do.  I've been stuck for months and I haven't yet watched my sugars.

It's been fairly easy, the hardest part has been not eating chips.  I'm a chip-o-holic.

MamaKarrot
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 1:02 PM

hehe.  I don't care for chips so that's easy.  My issue is coffee creamer and dessert and breads.

Quoting nlonnon:

Quoting MamaKarrot:

It's been fairly easy, the hardest part has been not eating chips.  I'm a chip-o-holic.

itsm3
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:03 PM

the detox is really tough but if you stick it out the cravings go away after about 2wks... then you won't crave it anymore!  

keep it up!

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN