Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

So Frustrating..Do You See A Difference?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM
  • 23 Replies

It's so frustrating to me, that after a 40lb loss, some times, I see almost NO difference. I put on a shirt I took a picture in back in last October. It was a go to shirt, I wore it often because it fit and I liked hiding in it. SO I thought, wow, I bet there's a huge difference. I put it on, took a picture and compared...I am not very happy. Honestly, I don't see much of a difference and it's depressing. Can you see anything?

Before:

After:

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I see a HUGE difference in your face and arms!  The second picture doesn't show much of the lower half of your body, but I bet you're smaller down there too!  Great job mama!  Keep at it!

onlyme28
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it's a big difference!  Maybe you would see it more in a more fitted shirt?  But I can see a lot more waist/hour glass shape and your face and hips look much slimmer.

DuncansMommy
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Thanks ladies. I'm glad others can see it, I just wish I could. I mean, obviously after 40lbs, there has to be a difference but some times I feel like it's not as much as other peoples. Like, maybe it was just a ton of water weight and not real weight. I think I'm too hard on myself. But even after 40lbs, I've only gone down a pants size. :(

klamomma2
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I agree, I see a difference in  your waist, hips, arms and face!  Great job!

justinnaimee
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I see it. Your face looks much slimmer! Congrats on 40!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emelymac
by Emely on Jul. 24, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I see a difference in your face, arms, and hips.

RyansMommie07
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 4:26 PM

i see a big difference... esp around the belly/ hips. keep up the good work!!

cnlsmommy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 4:26 PM
My thoughts exactly! And remember the smaller you get the quicker the pants sizes will change. Like it takes 40 lbs for a pants size now, but soon it will be 10!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

I see a HUGE difference in your face and arms!  The second picture doesn't show much of the lower half of your body, but I bet you're smaller down there too!  Great job mama!  Keep at it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sondi7
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I see a huge difference in your face! Keep it up, it's hard to notice the differences when you see yourself everyday. You're doing great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)