Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Rewarding yourself

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you reward yourself for your weight loss, and how so? 

I'm about to hit 10lbs lost (go me!) and I'm thinking of what I want to do to celebrate.  Probably just a little inexpensive bracelet (like $10-15, nothing crazy) or something, but I'm just really proud of myself.

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2boyz8811
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm thinking about rewarding my self for my next ten lb loss by going to a nice lingerie store and getting resized for a nice new bra. I dint even know what size I am anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shesliketx
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:55 PM
3 moms liked this
I reward myself every 10lbs, a pedicure, new workout shoes, new workout clothes, new DVD, etc. but I try to make sure it's something I will either use to meet next 10lbs or that will relax me and help me feel better about myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny2nv
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Unfortunately in the past, I would binge eat after every 10lbs. Cake, icecream, doughnuts. Then it became harder and harder to stop eating junk. I'm only 10lbs away from my goal, maybe when I hit it I can talk dh into taking me out, and showing me off! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ripemango
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this

assuming we can afford it, i want a yonana for my next reward

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't really done that, but I did buy a bikini when I was feeling really good about myself.  And I have bought some new clothes that fit me better.  But not specifically as a reward or anything.

Owaoma
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Definitely with new outfits.
AlwaysExpecting
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I will be getting new work out clothes so that I feel like I have to keep exercising, so that I didn't waste money :)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My ultimate reward when I hit my body fat % of 12-16% is my next tattoo.. Naturally, I'd like it sooner than later, but I will keep going until I hit it. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 26, 2012 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Great job!  I haven't really set up a reward system, although I did do kind of a bucket-list run the day I hit the 100 lb mark, but that was more a fluke than anything- I was going to do the run regardless.  When I hit my goal, I'm stealing Erica_Smerica's idea and having a "Missing Person" party, because I will be less than half the woman I used to be (I'll be 134, having lost 135 lbs).  My friends said they'll get me a cake that's half a person.  LOL

Otherwise, it's just been the new clothes along the way!  Getting down to sizes now that I've never worn before, so that alone is pretty awesome!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Ngm82
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
New workout clothes or a massage! Congratulations on ur first milestone!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN