Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I need advice on controlling my outrageous new appetite thanks to..

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM
  • 3 Replies

...extreme stress and the start of hormonal birth control.

Well - long story short I've had a hectic few weeks. Between a staggering diagnosis from an unreliable doctor's office that failed to promptly tell me I had a problem, my DD's biological father coming around at odd hours of the night drunk by my mother's house, taking care of my awesome 4 month old, and then our house got robbed early Monday morning.

On top of that - I told the doctor I wanted to go on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo.. guess what was sent to the pharmacy? The generic for Ortho Tri Cyclen! I'm not too thrilled about the doctor going against what I ask for out of previous knowledge. They were ******* about the whole thing too on top of other things! I'm taking the darn pills anyways (I don't need another baby yet) until I go see a COMPLETELY new doctors office and get the script I asked for and maybe more respect. The old doctors office was a complete diaster all through my pregnancy and then some!

So, my appetite feels like I am back on the Depo Provera shot!  I just lost all my baby weight and I REALLY don't want it back on. No matter what I do I CAN NOT control my appetite. I seriously can not take on the trauma of gaining 30 pounds in 3 weeks again.  I am eating super healthy but it seems like I am always hungry and my body wants much denser food in larger quanities.  :( :( So if any of you ladies have some advice or maybe tried and true methods to suggest for me - please feel free to tell me.

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
whisper32
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Protein. Lots of it. For some reason it fills me up for hours. Eat some egg whites. I think they are like 15 cals per egg white or something like that and cottage cheese helps. One whole cup is like 160 calories. Consume more protein and see what happends.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Keep your eye on the prize.  Remember why you've made these changes, and try not to let all the stress get the better of your diet.  Is it worth the way you feel after you eat because of stress?  I know when I do it, I end up feeling even worse!  Try to keep that in mind, and find another way to get that frustration out.  Keep your portions smaller, and keep yourself distracted.  Go for a walk, or clean something, anything to distract yourself, stay moving, and stay productive and positive.  Eating throughout the day, instead of in larger meals, will help make a difference, and keep your stomach from stretching out as well.

DON'T OD on the protein- your kidneys and liver will not be very happy with you!  A healthy balance of macronutrients (carbs, proteins, and healthy fats) will keep you full, but you need to keep your body used to normal portions.  I was on Depo many years ago, so I totally understand what you weight through there (45 lbs gained in 9 months in my case).

Good luck with finding a new doctor!  Hopefully you'll be able to find one that will be more attentitive to your needs, mama!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I agree with these ladies.  Take things one day at a time and do the best you can mama!  Suz has some great suggestions and I agree with her:)  You can do this mama!  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)