Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I've almost got him...

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

My husband and I work opposite shifts, so we don't get to talk an awful lot during the week.  I told him today that I've lost 10 lbs and he said he could tell when he hugged me =)

Of course,  that conversation turned into him complaining about finding my 10 lbs himself, so I suggested that he work out with me on his nights off.  I think I almost have him on board.  We'll see tomorrow night.  I don't care so much about him losing weight (other than the health factor) but I do want him to feel better. 

Wish me luck!  ;)

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:46 PM
I enjoy working out with Df whenever we get a chance its great motivation so Good Luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I hope he joins you :) Congrats on the 10 pounds!

Owaoma
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:57 PM
G. O. O. D. L. U. C. K.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!  I know I wish I could get DH on board.  He could use it (and I mean it in the most loving way possible).

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

wahmx3
by Shelley on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I would love to get my husband to work out with me, He likes to walk so we just need to work on finding the time together since he works shift work and I have a home daycare that is open 24/7. He needs to lose about 20 pounds while I have 10 more to go.

Congrats on losing 10 pounds, hope to find time to enjoy working out together.

steffers96
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Oh I wish you GOBS AND GOBS of luck!!!! It's been a ridiculous battle with my hubby, and God knows he needs it more than he thinks he does!!!! He was hospitalized for high blood pressure and is on medication, but was told to lose some weight and they could start taking his medication less and less, and he lost 20lbs right off the bat, and they reduced his dosage by half, and now they're telling him to lose a minimum of another 20-30lbs, and he's just not into it. He was supposed to start Insanity with me when I started at the beginning of June, but he got to day 3 and was so sore, he decided it wasn't worth the effort. Then he started doing free weights again, and he pulled something in his arm, which of course, just made his desire to workout even less. He told me this morning that next week he's going to start hitting the treadmill and at least doing some cardio, which is what he needs the most of, and our son and I will be gone for 3 weeks camping in the mountains, and he said it'll be easier for him to workout when we're not around, but I told him that he'll have to learn to adapt because when we come home, I don't want him to stop!

Men are so much harder to motivate sometimes than us gals are! Good luck to you! And to your hubby!!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)