Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

edit*I'm not allowed to work out anymore, gaining weight.... FML(yes, I said it)

I found out a few weeks ago that I have a rather large tumor in my head. Even before we found out about the tumor, my neurologist said to stop doing Insanity. Which basically rules everything else out. 

Let me list my symptoms and maybe you guys can help me avoid making them worse but still be able to work out until surgery. 

Dizziness, intermittent vision loss, headaches(when not on Mobic), very poor balance(fall when doing heel to toe unless somehow helps me balance). I think those are the main ones. Some days my symptoms are worse. 

I don't really want to go walking anywhere by myself, just in case. Maybe it will be best to not work out for now, but I've already gained back nearly 10lbs that I recently lost. And I know I'm eating a little more junk food than usual, I'm a emotional/bored/stress eater. So... bad time for me right now.

I just hate not being able to do anything right now. I can't even begin to express how much i bothers me, frustrates me and pisses me off. I hate it. And, I know I have more important things to worry about but... this just sucks.

EDIT:

Too many replies to quote all so I'll try replying to everything here.

As far as getting rid of junk food, I'm living with other people while my DH is deployed. I don't have very much control over what food is in the house. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to food but it is extremely hard for me to resist junk food. I will think about it all day long until I give in. 

My in-laws have a treadmill but I'm about to be moving out of state to live with my family. My mom has an elliptical. Which I've used before and would be harder on my balance. I'm not sure I can afford to buy a recumbent bike. I will check craiglist when I get out there and see if I can find a cheap one. 

I think my family will be more respctful to my eating habits as two of them are trying to ose weight as well. I bet my mom would go on walks with me around the neighborhood, too. 

I have a really bad sweet tooth, what are some good healthy snacks that will help keep that at bay?

And thank you for the prayers. :)

Starting weight: 217

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
overweightmommy
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:04 PM

BUMP!

Owaoma
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM
I really wish you all the best.
nlonnon
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Sweetheart slow down. By diet in my response I didn't mean go on a diet as in some fadish thing. I mean it as in change the way you eat, make healtheir choices etc.

Quoting Jenn8604:

no its not diet. diets are those stupid things that dont work. EATING HEALTHIER is what it is. Smaller portions and more of the good stuff=less weight gained and more loss.

Quoting nlonnon:

First, I hope and pry your surgery goes well. Second, focus on diet. Weight loss is more diet than exercise. You can make changes there that will be easy and manageable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedDragon
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM

http://www.thedietchannel.com/Healthy-Eating-7-Things-To-Know-About-Food-Cravings.htm

I will from time to time get a craving for junk, but since I have done the research of  the possible reasons why my body craves it.  It was lack of items my body didn't produce enough of.  I hope this helps.  I wish you the best on your surgery!  

Jenn8604
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 11:45 PM
i dont believe in using the D word at all PERIOD! whether ur talkig about ur healthy "diet" or not. The word in and of itself makes pple cringe and think horrid thoughts.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Jenn8604:

no its not diet. diets are those stupid things that dont work. EATING HEALTHIER is what it is. Smaller portions and more of the good stuff=less weight gained and more loss.

Quoting nlonnon:

First, I hope and pry your surgery goes well. Second, focus on diet. Weight loss is more diet than exercise. You can make changes there that will be easy and manageable.

Stick around and you'll soon figure out that we tell people to focus on their diet...as in, eating cleanly and drinking water. We NEVER tell people to actually "diet"...that is a serious 4 letter word in this group. We don't believe in them. We believe in a good healthy diet that focuses on a proper balance of macronutrients and micronutrients. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Quoting Jenn8604:

i dont believe in using the D word at all PERIOD! whether ur talkig about ur healthy "diet" or not. The word in and of itself makes pple cringe and think horrid thoughts.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting nlonnon:

Stick around and you'll soon figure out that we tell people to focus on their diet...as in, eating cleanly and drinking water. We NEVER tell people to actually "diet"...that is a serious 4 letter word in this group. We don't believe in them. We believe in a good healthy diet that focuses on a proper balance of macronutrients and micronutrients. 

So, you don't believe in it...okay, well, please tell me how we should refer to eating healthy then? It is all semantics and we are not going to stop using a word that can be used in a positive manner. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Jenn8604
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:20 AM
eating healthy/er DUH!!!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting nlonnon:

So, you don't believe in it...okay, well, please tell me how we should refer to eating healthy then? It is all semantics and we are not going to stop using a word that can be used in a positive manner. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Quoting Jenn8604:

eating healthy/er DUH!!!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting nlonnon:

Really? Again, stick around longer than you have.. I've been here for years and nobody has EVER misinterpreted how I refer to diet as I typically will follow it with a long list of things to eat. You may not like it, but that is how it is going to be. I'm not going to argue semantics with you as you are just being ridiculous at this point. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Jenn8604
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:04 AM
FUCK THIS GROUP! IM OUT!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Jenn8604:

eating healthy/er DUH!!!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting nlonnon:

Really? Again, stick around longer than you have.. I've been here for years and nobody has EVER misinterpreted how I refer to diet as I typically will follow it with a long list of things to eat. You may not like it, but that is how it is going to be. I'm not going to argue semantics with you as you are just being ridiculous at this point. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Wow! With your attitude you may not want to be in this group as we are a supportive and loving group of women that are kind to one another. I feel sorry for you as you seem so defensive and angry. Good luck to you!

Quoting Jenn8604:

FUCK THIS GROUP! IM OUT!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Jenn8604:

eating healthy/er DUH!!!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Jenn8604:

Quoting nlonnon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)