Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

*sigh* these 20 last freakn lbs!!!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM
  • 10 Replies
How did you lose 20lbs?
I'm 5'3 22 years old 141 and have been working my a$$ off Ive been doing insanity and pushing myself to my limits like crazy with it I eat really good no caffeine no sugar none of that I eat what the nutrion guide says anywhere from 1500-1700 cals a day no junk food what so ever and a ton of water I don't get it :( the scale hasn't budged at all in 3 weeks want to at least break 140 and get in the 130s soon I'm on my last exercise week for insanity for month 1, I also walk tons I'm not lazy so I don't get it ,it's really discouraging
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 2:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Perhaps you're trying to go lower than your body will?

If you've built a lot more muscle than the last time you saw this end of the range, perhaps you're tighter, more toned and heavier than when more of your body was made out of fat?

You also may simply not be eating enough food to convince your body that it can afford to shed any weight at all.

Alexandria5809
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:09 AM
My average weight usually sits anywhere from 115-120
I had my 2nd baby 7 weeks ago I gained 50lbs with that pregnancy sadly :(
I dropped down to 115 with my first on my own after about 12 months in one month my body randomly shed 15lbs and I wasn't dieting that was weird lol
I'm new to working out and eating clean it can be So confusing at times Im trying to lose it the healthy way
I think I should increase my calories then since I seem to be getting more and more hungry

Quoting LindaClement:

If you've built a lot more muscle than the last time you saw this end of the range, perhaps you're tighter, more toned and heavier than when more of your body was made out of fat?

You also may simply not be eating enough food to convince your body that it can afford to shed any weight at all.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emtgirl885
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:13 AM

Switch up your exercise routine, your body might be getting used to it. Make sure you are drinking lots of water. Are you doing any type of strength exercises?

Alexandria5809
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:31 AM
I was looking into strength exercises I just read the other night that's great for weightloss as well, do you have any examples for me of some if you do please share :) I'd rather ask you ladies than depend on google lol

Quoting emtgirl885:

Switch up your exercise routine, your body might be getting used to it. Make sure you are drinking lots of water. Are you doing any type of strength exercises?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emtgirl885
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:11 AM

That is good. =)

My favorites are pushups, tricep dips, bicep curls, kettlebell.

Quoting Alexandria5809:

I was looking into strength exercises I just read the other night that's great for weightloss as well, do you have any examples for me of some if you do please share :) I'd rather ask you ladies than depend on google lol

Quoting emtgirl885:

TBSNBubblegum
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:17 AM
You just had a baby 7 weeks ago? Give it time! It will come off!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_of2_n_twins
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Most people don't lose weight with insanity until month 2. Month one is all about muscle building...I know this from experience..though I didn't lose anything with insanity at all....but I also ate like crap and didn't follow the guide. The scale probably wont' budge until like week 3 month 2.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I honestly think it's just hard to lose at a relatively low weight.  I'm 5'4" and I got to 146 a few weeks ago and since then I've been going back and forth between 146-148 for a month now despite great workouts and great eating/calories.  I decided not to stress about it and not to care if I stay in the 140s for 6 months. lol.I do hope that my body continues to change though.  but i don't see much change in my measurements in the past month either

good luck!  and since you have a newbie baby, definitely give it some time.  your body is steal healing from the work of making and birthing a baby  <3

LindaClement
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:34 PM

You had a baby 7 weeks ago, you've lost 30 and you're worried about losing 20 more pounds?!? Tell me there is something wrong with my math, please!

It can be so confusing --many people are making a lot of money off your (and lots of other people's) confusion.

Basically, you need to look at the fundamentals: are you eating single-ingredient food most of the time (an apple, not apple-flavoured something whatevers)... are you getting up and walking around, moving around, doing things by hand instead of by machine, every day? Take the stairs, park far from the doors, putting things away right away instead of when there's three things to go... fit people are 'inefficient' --they use more energy than they strictly need to in a day. Like walking around a bed four times while making it, instead of figuring out how to make a bed while still lying in it. It all adds up.

You need rest. Partly because your body is recuperating from being pregnant a minute ago, and partly because the #1 predictor for overweight and obesity is actually insufficient rest --not sleeping during the day to compensate for broken nights, not resting when the baby is resting, doing too much physically and not having time to recover from it. It's extremely stressful (not getting enough rest) and stress = belly fat.

You need unsweetened foods and beverages. It's fine if they're sweet foods and beverages, but if they're sweetened, that's a problem. First, because it distorts your natural taste preferences, and second because it's delivering unnecessary calories.. when you could be eating fewer naturally.

Quoting Alexandria5809:

My average weight usually sits anywhere from 115-120
I had my 2nd baby 7 weeks ago I gained 50lbs with that pregnancy sadly :(
I dropped down to 115 with my first on my own after about 12 months in one month my body randomly shed 15lbs and I wasn't dieting that was weird lol
I'm new to working out and eating clean it can be So confusing at times Im trying to lose it the healthy way
I think I should increase my calories then since I seem to be getting more and more hungry

Quoting LindaClement:

rhondagraymond
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:03 AM

Maybe you’ve reached a plateau stage and you need to change things up a bit. An effective weight loss plan is one which is low in carbs and high in proteins. Try to eat more lean meat, chicken, fish and eggs along with non-starchy vegetables. Take your work-out a notch higher. Go for a run every day or even swim for an hour. That will definitely fuel your weight loss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)