Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Joined Curves

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 4:07 AM
  • 17 Replies

I have been trying to lose the pregnancy weight for a long time and I just seem to be stuck at a certain weight. Since I am still BF'ing (my son is 19 mo) I can't go on diet. So I finally gave up on losing those extra pounds on my own and joined Curves this week. As per the assessment they did, I am now at 153 lbs, my goal weight is 143 lbs and they recommended that I try to reach my optimal weight which is 136 lbs. Now 136 is a number I don't think I was at since I was a teenager and frankly I am not very enthusiastic to reach it because it means I will lose in my face and other areas in my body that I currently like.

Anybody else here going to Curves? How are you liking it? When did you start seeing results? 

by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilsalcro
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 6:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I looked in to it but never actually went to one. what I got from their website I didn't like. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbyrd898
by Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 6:10 AM

I worked at a curves years ago, and really thought it was a good program especially for busy people.

mommamimzy2
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 6:41 AM
Ive gone a few times in the past. I know others that have done well but for me I platued. Good luck. I bet you can reach 136 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 2, 2012 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Never done it before, but good luck mama!

miller060905
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck mama!!! I've never been to one mostly because I just live too far out of town but when my mom first started her weight loss journey she was going to curved and had great success! She learned a lot and then got her own treadmil at home and lost the rest of her weight at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wahmx3
by Shelley on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I went for a few years but one summer, I was too busy and stopped going. i enjoyed it there, quick and easy, worked a lot of muscle groups. I looked into rejoining a couple of years ago but it was too pricey, something like $53 a month and ours closed here a year or so ago. I thought it was great for anyone looking to lose weight and tone up, it all depends on what you are looking to do.

Silvertears1275
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I've done Curves a few times.  It doesn't really fit into my schedule now, but I always enjoyed it for a while.  I do tend to get bored with things if it's the same over and over, so I always did really well for a few months and then stopped going because it just got boring.  Probably should have mixed it up a little with home workouts, too.

EJI85
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM
I go to curves and love it! I don't have a ton of time to work out and curves really fits into my shed. I also love it because my curves also does Zumba classes and they are so much fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rigosgurl
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Went there before...lost 7.5 pounds the first month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristenn
by on Aug. 2, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I was going and I still have 2 prepaid months that I haven't been able to use. :( I love curves! I just don't have the time to go since they don't have child care. I joined a gym that does have child care and LOVE it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN