Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it bother you?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM
  • 8 Replies
When other women are taking Rx to lose weight like prescription weight loss pills? I have always known that I cannot take diet pills because I have a bicuspid aortic valve and I cannot take medications that will increase my heart rate at all. So at a young age I was told, never take any diet pills, even over the counter. They aren't healthy any way. Well it's never bothered me when other's do, it's just something I already know I can't try. Well a lot of ladies at work are taking phentermine and the weight is just falling off of them. My green monster comes out because I fell left behind in the weight loss area because I 'have' to do it the healthy way. I can't get a jump start or anything like they have. And they all have this annoying amount of energy lol when I made a half joking comment that I was jealous they could take it, they all said they were jealous when I learned I had hypothyroid. I do not agree. Thyroid has not helped me lose weight at all and it's a nightmare of crap to get it regulated. Dr appointments all the time, my hair falling out, my weight going up and down up and down. Having my blood drawn like a freaking vampire every 8 weeks.. Nothing to be jealous of. I guess it just bothers me how they brag that they eat whatever and they are still losing weight, while I'm counting points and watching every bite I put in my mouth. I have another friend that has lost 20 lbs on weight watchers and she says that it bothers her too but she knows she is doing it the right way and learning how to be healthy. They all will gain it back once they stop since they aren't changing their behavior. True or not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Silvertears1275
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM

You can pretty much guarantee their results are just temporary.  I know it's frustrating to see other people losing weight quickly taking the easy way out, but a year from now you will be thinner and healthier and they'll be right back where they started and looking for another quick fix.

Elise_Gurrola
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM
it will all come bakc on when they quit taking the pills. they are not teaching themselves self control. how to eat right and exercise. we are doing it the right way and you keep up the good work and the green monster can just disapear because when you get to that goal you will stay there they wont. gl momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TBSNBubblegum
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Very true. You know your. Weight will stay off for the most part unless something drastic happens. These wieght loss pills sound good but you know in the long run it will come back and then some. Slow weight loss you will look better cuz it gives your skin time to catch up for the most part.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:19 AM
HUGS. Its very hard to see ppl doing some wrong and get good results. But like others have said it won't last.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by Karen on Aug. 5, 2012 at 2:43 AM

They may be losing weight, but really all they are accomplishing is becoming "skinny-fat."  Perhaps small but really unhealthy.  I know it's a bummer, but by doing it right, you'll have muscles and a healthy body for life.  They'll just get smaller for a while and gain it all back.

carpe_noctem
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 4:20 AM
This

Quoting MamaKarrot:

They may be losing weight, but really all they are accomplishing is becoming "skinny-fat."  Perhaps small but really unhealthy.  I know it's a bummer, but by doing it right, you'll have muscles and a healthy body for life.  They'll just get smaller for a while and gain it all back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Totally bothers me, too.  Pretty much any method other than a healthy diet and exercise bothers me, especially people who lie about it, like people who've clearly had surgery.  They're morons for being jealous of your hypothyroid- yeah, that is NOT helping you!!  Your weight loss will be permanent if you maintain your changes, but their pills will eventually go away, and at least some of them will likely have some lasting damage, sadly.  I totally understand your frustration with going the slow route, but it'll definitely pay off in the end. 

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Yep, this is exactly the way I look at it too!

Quoting Silvertears1275:

You can pretty much guarantee their results are just temporary.  I know it's frustrating to see other people losing weight quickly taking the easy way out, but a year from now you will be thinner and healthier and they'll be right back where they started and looking for another quick fix.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)