Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

exercises at home where you dont need fancy equipment: what are your favorites?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:46 AM
  • 9 Replies

i just bought my swim membership last night and am going to start swimming today so YAY!  but i am also looking at trying to incorporate some exercises at home in between the days i swim. 

i cant afford a crazy fancy intense 300 dollar exercise video series, but i do have a 5 pound and an 8 pound set of dumbells and a couple of those stair steps that stack on top of each other lol.  hmmm now that i think about it i also have a 30 pound toddler and a 18 pound 3 month old i could try to incorporate into my routine as well :)

so my question is what do types of exercises you do if you dont have access to gym equipment?  i am interested in some good strength and cardio exercises that *hopefully* i will be able to build up too!!!

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:11 AM
I have a couple Jillian michaela DVDs I got at Walmart that I love. Super cheap, $10 for 2. No More Trouble Zones, and I forget the name of the other one but it's a cardio one...fat something. They're great and you need basically nothing. They use weights in the no more trouble zones one though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Oh and I run and bike a lot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaNeeNee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:14 AM
I do yoga with an ap from my phone and wii fit plus.. When it cools down, I'm gonna run again :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM
I would say baby wear and walk with strollar !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AngeLnChainZ
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Walking.

and if you have a smartphone, or ipod/ipad you can download Nike Training Club and they have countless workouts that require little to no equipment.

juliette12
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:19 AM
I think with insanity you don't need any equipment ,walking an hour a day will help too and a change of diet
tansyflower
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:27 AM

thanks guys!  i have to very slowly work my way to walking, during my last birth i injured my pelvis and have to wear this super tight belt around my hip joints just to do "normal" stuff like to to the grocery store....plus i live on a super busy highway and dont have a double stroller.  BUT once my hips are in better shape i can haul my bike out of the basement and put it in a trainer or *gasp* take it for a real ride outside if we dont have snow yet lol :)

thats why i got the swim membership!  its the lowest impact exercise i can do at the moment to strengthen core until my muscles are strong enough that they tighten my joints and give my poor ligaments a break.

i am looking for inspiration to work through the pain without possibly hurting myself further but i am so looking forward to the day i can go for a 12 mile bike ride again!!!  or heck just getting through the grocery store without huffing and puffing ;)

Silvertears1275
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Yoga is excellent... I know a lot of people look at it as just "stretching", but depending on what I'm doing, I can sweat as much, if not more, than doing a cardio workout.  You're using your body weight and will definitley strenthen muscles.  Look on youtube for videos to help.  Even if you're not wanting to do yoga, you can find just about anything you want on youtube.  Try the befit channel.  Lots of variety.

missg8
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 2:03 AM

if you have on demand i sometimes use their workouts or i google exercises.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)